StockD - Another NSE EOD Data Downloader

kaly422000

hello in ur saoftware chat option not seen. any wa y some issue is there . geting msg of "no internet connection" but data downloading. add to exception in antivirus. may be ur busy but pls help us by connecting with us or pls reply

Hi,
I believe there would've been no year end issues with StockD and it'd have worked fine.
There was some issues reported by several folks around republic day. I believe it was a minor server outage where I store notifications about latest releases etc and would not affect any critical functionality such as downloading data from NSE servers.

kaly422000

ok now it is working fine . one thing if launching time reduced wud be good.but nseeodfixed is now only ur project ,not rohit's so if u give time to update it just a request

Hi Viresh,

I downloaded and tested StockD. It downloads the historical data perfectly without any issues.

The only issue I am having is that screen graphics re-draws twice, and as a result I see a screen over a screen. Perhaps it is some some screen refresh issue. (See attached image).

Everything else works perfectly fine on the first attempt (only have to disable Microsoft SmartScreen and firewall settings.)

I am running on Windows 10 (Home), 64-bit. Display is 1920 x 1080 (single screen).

Attachments

Hi Viresh,

I downloaded and tested StockD. It downloads the historical data perfectly without any issues.

The only issue I am having is that screen graphics re-draws twice, and as a result I see a screen over a screen. Perhaps it is some some screen refresh issue. (See attached image).

Everything else works perfectly fine on the first attempt (only have to disable Microsoft SmartScreen and firewall settings.)

I am running on Windows 10 (Home), 64-bit. Display is 1920 x 1080 (single screen).
Thanks for reporting Brighton.
Interesting issue and I've not seen this issue on a similar setup. It does seem related to screen redrawing. I'm offloading it to a web browser like Chromium. Can you confirm the dot net version on your computer?
Maybe try after switching to the latest version from - https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework

On a side note, I've introduced a contribution option on the project. It's completely optional, the project is open source and will remain free to use though.

kaly422000

any problem to give other option to contribute like giving account no and ifsc code than payment gateway in ur site or u may intro dm(personal msg system in ur site ) to give ifsc code and account no. i think it also will be safe enough

My .NET version is 4.8.04084
Weird. I've tested against this version on my copy of windows 10 home x64 as well (with different monitors and resolutions), but this doesn't happen
I'm working on a couple of changes in UI framework and will do another release. Maybe that'll fix the issue but can't say for sure.
It will take some more time though. Please bear with me for the meanwhile.

any problem to give other option to contribute like giving account no and ifsc code than payment gateway
I think a payment gateway like razorpay simplifies things for everyone. It offers options like credit/debit card/upi apart from netbanking transfers which a bank account number doesn't.
And the major benefit that I get is that it's easier for me to track all contributions from one place for disclosure of my open-source activities whenever I need to. Unfortunately, these things are not possible without a payment gateway and I'd have to keep track of every transaction manually which would add more liability on me and reduce the already little time I get for developing free software.

Hi Viresh,

Hi Brighton,

Did some more testing with a windows 10 laptop and I think I found the root cause. It seems to happen when scaling is set to some value in display settings (On my device, the setting reads as "Change the size of text, apps and other items"). The browser that I use (chromium) has bugs which I cannot fix and so here are some workarounds:
1. Set the scaling to 100% if you don't really need that extra scaling.
2. If the scaling is required, or setting to 100% doesn't help, you can also turn on / off the setting "Let Windows try to fix apps so they are not blurry". This setting serves no useful purpose to me and I think can be turned on or off without affecting your experience.

Please try the above and let me know if these worked for you.