StockD - Another NSE EOD Data Downloader

Although it is skipping weekends, it's unable to skip the exchange holidays. Can anyone else confirm the issue or am I missing anything?
No, you're not missing anything. It's just that the downloader cannot handle exchange holidays because they occur randomly and there is no fixed pattern to them. I'll have to feed them in the system manually for all years (at least 2010-2020), but I don't have enough time to do that. If someone wants to do that, please feel free to provide a pull request to the codebase (it's open-source)

13/04/2020
It's not downloading data, but the BHAV copy file is there . Kindly have a look.
I'm able to download the files so don't know what is going wrong. Can you attach a debug log file reproducing the error?
(Also note that 14th April was an exchange holiday so it will not be able to find that bhavcopy if you're trying that date)

Also another update -- anybody who was using the NSE Archives profile should switch to NSE Daily link profile.
NSE has introduced some authorization protocols which will take time to implement and I'm a very busy currently
I'll release a new version with those protocols sometime later if I feel that the Archives URL is really required

trump

No, you're not missing anything. It's just that the downloader cannot handle exchange holidays because they occur randomly and there is no fixed pattern to them. I'll have to feed them in the system manually for all years (at least 2010-2020), but I don't have enough time to do that. If someone wants to do that, please feel free to provide a pull request to the codebase (it's open-source)

I'm able to download the files so don't know what is going wrong. Can you attach a debug log file reproducing the error?
(Also note that 14th April was an exchange holiday so it will not be able to find that bhavcopy if you're trying that date)
Hv a look into the attached files.

Attachments

Hv a look into the attached files.
Had a look at those. Turns out NSE has not uploaded 13th April sec_full csv file for that date on the NSE (daily with delivery data) server, so the data is not available. (Try https://archives.nseindia.com/products/content/sec_bhavdata_full_13042020.csv and then try https://archives.nseindia.com/products/content/sec_bhavdata_full_15042020.csv, the second link will work but first one won't because NSE has not uploaded data on that endpoint)
The alternate server is NSE Daily, but it doesn't provide delivery data.

NSE Archives might be able to provide the data file, but NSE has recently introduced some more authentication checks so will take some time to implement. The same problem that I mentioned in my previous message (exact issue -- https://github.com/virresh/StockD/issues/7).

End of the day, if you require delivery data for that day, I'd suggest fetching it manually for now. Such mistakes on NSE's end make our lives difficult for no reason. At some future point, I'll add the new verification mechanism, but I have extremely limited time for now.

kaly422000

pls keep urself (i refer VIRRESH) free around 1st September to check any problem there and we can discuss. any way thanx for ur effort. for exchange holiday better not to include that day. u can download before that day and skip that day and try after ,as per my view

trump

Whenever a bhavcopy is not available for a particular day, then the subroutine shouldn't process that day's data, that's what other downloaders do. Dunno abt this code though, whether such an subroutine is possible or not.

kaly422000

Whenever a bhavcopy is not available for a particular day, then the subroutine shouldn't process that day's data, that's what other downloaders do. Dunno abt this code though, whether such an subroutine is possible or not.
u dont have matching database for this downloader?