StockD - Another NSE EOD Data Downloader

Hi Virresj ji,

thanks for considering to add options.
please consider the below:
1. the symbol data as per nse (options) is of the format optidx/optstk symbol expiry (dd-mmm-yyyy) strike ce/pe

2. data can be extracted as symbol strike ce/pe (expiry as m1/m2/m3 or w1/w2/w3 for nifty banknifty)

3. so symbol from the csv file OPTIDXBANKNIFTY27-AUG-2020CE23800 will be as BANKNIFTY23800CE-M1 (as 27-aug-2020 is the m1 expiry) and data column for current date, open, high, low, close, volume, openinterest, expiry date to be extracted from csv.

4. for index the last week of the month to be as monthly expiry options ( as the monthly m1 and weekly w1 option data will be same) or can duplicate as w1 and m1.
Thanks for the explanation raty
I'll understand this and get back to you with any doubts if I still have and then add this in the next version
I appreciate the explanation a lot since I am not a trader and don't know much about this data

the software as it is ok enough. let it pass 31 august to check that it is working as old nse site will be closed . option and other data can be added there after as i think.
sure.
I am confident that StockD will keep working even after www1.nseindia stops working because I coded StockD with latest protocols and security features and it uses the new server by default, but in case any user has issues do let me know here or on github by creating an issue and mention the link profile that you're using in StockD

pls also if nseeodfixed can be continued after 31st august
Unfortunately nseeodfixed uses old code and protocols and it will be a lot of effort to fix it and get it running for users with old computers (windows 7 or 32 bit) due to issues discussed previously on gitter chatroom
I'll maintain StockD and I think it should serve the purpose well enough that nseeodfixed won't be required

trump

Fabulous, awesome, works like charm, you solved it nicely.
Glad that it worked.

Here is a description of the issue:
It turns out that some antiviruses have a feature called "safe browsing" and implement it incorrectly by performing a man-in-the-middle attack and replace certificates on every incoming request with their own, due to which my program rejects the server and doesn't process the request as it is unsafe and prone to getting hacked.

To solve this issue, I've turned of certificate checks in a modified version, available at: https://github.com/virresh/StockD/releases/download/4.3/StockD_Windows_insecure.exe
To anyone who stumbles here with similar issues, try the insecure version once

More information on this here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions...security-certificate-check-in-python-requests

Also please note that this is not an issue with the software, it's the problem of Antivirus for not implementing safe-browsing correctly. I have provided a fix, but it is not secure to use that version on public wifi networks. Use the insecure version with caution, or disable the safe-browsing feature and use the original version.

Last edited:
Issue 1 - Indices files are blank
Issue 2 - Consolidated Bhavcopy is same as Equity
Both issues are related. If index data will be downloaded, then it'll be appended to the consolidated data
optionally if you want futures data in that as well, then you can check the "Include Futures" option in the All tab.

If you're downloading historical data, (i.e pre- 2012/13), the nse servers don't have it any longer and you'll get and empty file
If this happened while downloading recent data, please try the following:
1. Ensure that download indices box is checked (and then hit update preferences to save the setting)
2. If 1 doesn't solve the issue, hit on "Refresh index mapping button" and then ensure some index is selected in the popup
3. If 2 doesn't solve the issue, try downloading again with "Keep Other Indices" button checked

If none of the above helps, then I'll need a debug log in order to investigate what went wrong
Thanks for reporting :)

kaly422000

sure.
I am confident that StockD will keep working even after www1.nseindia stops working because I coded StockD with latest protocols and security features and it uses the new server by default, but in case any user has issues do let me know here or on github by creating an issue and mention the link profile that you're using in StockD

Unfortunately nseeodfixed uses old code and protocols and it will be a lot of effort to fix it and get it running for users with old computers (windows 7 or 32 bit) due to issues discussed previously on gitter chatroom
I'll maintain StockD and I think it should serve the purpose well enough that nseeodfixed won't be required
ok .stockd is working ok but may be after change that will be implemented in new nse site as in which link bhavcopies will be uploaded . so may be it sud be decided after august 31st may be. any way it was just request