Stock Quote Retriever

Thanks dragonlook
i am a homemaker and i have just started investing in the stock market, iwas looking for a software which is helpful in trading n i downloaded this software n it is helpful espl the news updated. The download process is a little long but once it is done its quite useful. I still hv to try many features but the overlook seems very helpful.

Thanks again
nisha:thumb:

rpc

Thanks dragonlook
i am a homemaker and i have just started investing in the stock market, iwas looking for a software which is helpful in trading n i downloaded this software n it is helpful espl the news updated. The download process is a little long but once it is done its quite useful. I still hv to try many features but the overlook seems very helpful.

Thanks again
nisha:thumb:
Can you pls tell from where did you download the software ?The link provided does not work :(

A gift to all SQR users. Attached is a SQR data provider which enables you to get absolute realtime NSE quotes from ICICI Direct. Say goodbye to delayed feeds. Enjoy!! :clap:

To use just unzip the attached zip and add it to SQR using the Data Provider->Add option.

While adding securities to your portfolio, choose IciciNSE. You have to provide the icici direct security code. To get the ICICI code for the security enter the security name and click find security code in the add security window.

Enjoy!!

Hi rpc,

Thank you for your interest in sqr. As per your comments, you're not able to access our website www.embediv.com. Our website is pretty much up and we're offering free licenses for SQR every day.

However, we have also got one more user report of www.embediv.com not being accessible from the user's system. We do not have any more information on this at this point of time to tell you the reason why that might be happening.

For now, if possible try connecting to embediv from a different internet connection and/or a different web browser. This might help you.

Sending you the SQR setup executable won't solve your purpose as SQR still authenticates itself with the Embediv servers. So, even if you install SQR it won't work unless you can access www.embediv.com.

We would like to find the root cause and fix this issue. If you can help us by providing more details of your system configuration:
OS Name (with service pack), Web Browser Name, Internet Connection Name
we should be able to narrow down the issue. You can directly write to us at [email protected]. Once resolved we can update this thread for the benefit of other SQR users facing this particular issue.

Yours sincerely,
Embediv Support

rpc

Hi rpc,

Thank you for your interest in sqr. As per your comments, you're not able to access our website www.embediv.com. Our website is pretty much up and we're offering free licenses for SQR every day.

However, we have also got one more user report of www.embediv.com not being accessible from the user's system. We do not have any more information on this at this point of time to tell you the reason why that might be happening.

For now, if possible try connecting to embediv from a different internet connection and/or a different web browser. This might help you.

Sending you the SQR setup executable won't solve your purpose as SQR still authenticates itself with the Embediv servers. So, even if you install SQR it won't work unless you can access www.embediv.com.

We would like to find the root cause and fix this issue. If you can help us by providing more details of your system configuration:
OS Name (with service pack), Web Browser Name, Internet Connection Name
we should be able to narrow down the issue. You can directly write to us at [email protected]. Once resolved we can update this thread for the benefit of other SQR users facing this particular issue.

Yours sincerely,
Embediv Support
Hi
browser : IE9
ISP : You Telecom
Error : Internet Explorer cannot display the web page

Hope you can track down bug and advice.

Thanks

Hi rpc,

Your system configuration seems to be fine.

It seems like your ISPs DNS servers don't have an entry for www.embediv.com. You can access embediv website by using a different internet connection, or accessing internet using a free internet proxy program like Your Freedom available from: http://your-freedom.net/.

Also, please try the following:

Open the hosts file present in c:\windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts in a text editor and add an entry for embediv like:
82.197.130.40 www.embediv.com

Save and close the file.

Open a command prompt and type:
ping www.embediv.com

You should see it quering 82.197.130.40

Now close any running instances of Internet Explorer. Open IE again and see if you can access www.embediv.com with your existing internet connection.

rpc

thanks for the guidance I can see the web page now.
Do you think I should talk to my ISP about this so that I can get unhindered access to your site ?
Is it possible to install SQR on 2 or more computers ?