Stock market accounting in tally

mmca2006

@Carnot ,
i will start with the assumption that the users of this thread are familiar with the DEBIT & CREDIT (Dr & Cr) Basic accounting concepts /rules and have a working experience with TALLY accounting software.
Thank u for ur interest and vl start exactly the logical way u put it above.

Shiraj
Good initiative my friend:) carry on. A complete thread regarding accounting and taxation is absolutely needed.

mastermind007

MasterMindJi :)

Better stick to Excel If u r comfortable wid dat (and ,wid ur magnificent Skill sets, im sure u hve alrdy automated ur Excel system somehow to import data directly from ur broker's statements).
TALLY is actually additional typing /clicking , suitable for those who need a readymade Accounting S/W package to record too many stock market transactions.

Preparing a tutorial , will post soon.

Thank u MasterMindJi ( i read ur awesome posts wid utmost admiration)

Shiraj
He he he

This excel spreadsheet is a work-in-progress document and idea is to ensure that broker charges fees correctly and it is not automated. I only automate those things that I need between 9am to 3pm or those that take too much of time otherwise.

So, for now, I actually cut-paste from the html into Excel value by value...

I did attempt to use software made by MProfit (they advert in TJ) and some Ahmedabad firm that read pdf directly but either the software failed to read the broker pdfs correctly or had its own weird idea about representing it so I am still in the manual la-la world.

shirajroz

He he he

This excel spreadsheet is a work-in-progress document and idea is to ensure that broker charges fees correctly and it is not automated. I only automate those things that I need between 9am to 3pm or those that take too much of time otherwise.

So, for now, I actually cut-paste from the html into Excel value by value...

I did attempt to use software made by MProfit (they advert in TJ) and some Ahmedabad firm that read pdf directly but either the software failed to read the broker pdfs correctly or had its own weird idea about representing it so I am still in the manual la-la world.

MasterMindJi ,
if its possible, at ur leisure, pls post the link to / name of dat Ahmdabd Firm S/W. May b dat S/W is Broker specific.
Thank u ,

Shiraj