Stock management - positional

mindgames

hello,

I am a positional trader - trading price action and a few indicators for reference. Although trading full-time, I find it very difficult to study multiple stocks.

Often, I find that I miss out on trades - although entering late is an option, the position size has to be reduced [will possibly lead to too many positions leading to spending too much time managing the trades alone. also, on the short side - trades are possible only in lots].

Have pruned my stock selection criteria to F&O stocks and among them, only those priced above 100. Leaving out the expensive contracts (value > ~8.5 lacs) it still comes down to ~140 stocks.

Would like inputs/ideas from others on how to tackle this problem.

thank you.

pannet1

hello,

I am a positional trader - trading price action and a few indicators for reference. Although trading full-time, I find it very difficult to study multiple stocks.

Often, I find that I miss out on trades - although entering late is an option, the position size has to be reduced [will possibly lead to too many positions leading to spending too much time managing the trades alone. also, on the short side - trades are possible only in lots].

Have pruned my stock selection criteria to F&O stocks and among them, only those priced above 100. Leaving out the expensive contracts (value > ~8.5 lacs) it still comes down to ~140 stocks.

Would like inputs/ideas from others on how to tackle this problem.

thank you.
hi,

i am not an expert in this. If i were you.

1) I would have a 2nd filter. NIFTY 50 only or Midcap only ... etc

2) If your trading decisions are based on EOD candles and suppose you are going to trade breakouts, you can use excel for automation. Get price every 5 minutes and compare it with your target breakout point.

just my 1 rupee :D