Started Algo Trading - Daily Paper Trade updates

looser89

main problem in symphony presto is sometimes non execution of order in high movement. if symphony make it accurate and cheaper and also make easy to make strategy on presto than no terminal like symphony presto
symphony presto is MT4 of indian market. no need of forex trading

Algo

Hi Algo , like Symphony should we get approval from Exchange for our autotrading in IB ?
Hi,
No. For this kind of trading approval is not required in IB as well as Symphony. Both have pre-packaged execution algos.

Algo

main problem in symphony presto is sometimes non execution of order in high movement. if symphony make it accurate and cheaper and also make easy to make strategy on presto than no terminal like symphony presto
symphony presto is MT4 of indian market. no need of forex trading
Hi,
Please elaborate. May be solution is their itself. What you are referring is:
AFL generates a signal at 7500 but if market moves rapidly it will not be executed?

looser89

if buy signal generated at 7500 sometimes it does not execute when price goes up from below. it sometimes miss stoploss also. I complaints these things to them

Hi Algo,

I have one more doubt, do you have any positional strategy, i wanted to know how to take care of signals generated @ 3:30, one option was to use start time and end time feature of presto, in this case if i opt for 9:20AM as start and 3:25PM as stop then what happens in case i have an open position and exit signal comes when presto is disabled......

Regards
DK

Algo

if buy signal generated at 7500 sometimes it does not execute when price goes up from below. it sometimes miss stoploss also. I complaints these things to them
Hi,
In their execution algo i am using, i can provide range orders, i.e. If my entry range is between 5-10 points and AFL generates the signal at 7700 then order will be sent to exchange, only when LTP is between 7705-7710. So as per your issue, if LTP goes to 7699 and then it is between 7705-7710, order is not executed?
If so, this should not happen. I hope their team has rectified it.

You may also try their Trailing Entry order feature. Quite fascinating it is.

Algo

Hi Algo,

I have one more doubt, do you have any positional strategy, i wanted to know how to take care of signals generated @ 3:30, one option was to use start time and end time feature of presto, in this case if i opt for 9:20AM as start and 3:25PM as stop then what happens in case i have an open position and exit signal comes when presto is disabled......

Regards
DK
Hi,One of my AFL is positional and i am able to do so. I remember requesting them and i think they made some changes in the properties file of presto.

Does Symphony have any readymade algos like EMA crossovers ( or various type of MAs )
and we can just change the parameters and deploy them at once ?
By this way we can reduce the strategy approval time .

Algo

Does Symphony have any readymade algos like EMA crossovers ( or various type of MAs )
and we can just change the parameters and deploy them at once ?
By this way we can reduce the strategy approval time .
I dont think so they have any EMA based or any technical indicator based strategies. (Presto only gets Live feed). Anyways, it will be expensive for you to get this kind of strategy developed in Trading System. better is to develop it over AmiBroker and then use Presto for execution. I am sure they have this pre-approved so no further approvals required.