Started Algo Trading - Daily Paper Trade updates

Cubt

Algo Trader
I have signed up with Symphony for algo trading, its been almost 3 months now since I started with Symphony. All these 3 months, there were many modifications made to the algo and finally Symphony has coded my strategy last week. I have been given access to their paper trading environment, will be testing the strategy in the virtual environment.

Since I wanted to record my daily trades, I have started this thread. There is no other motive like educating or providing more info on trading setups etc. There are already many seniors created many such threads. This is purely to record my trading outcome, so that i could refer it anywhere anytime.

Starting tomo EOD, i shall update the thread with my trades.

Am happy that at least I took the initial step to start Algo trading. Lets see how the algo works. :thumb:

TradeOptions

I have signed up with Symphony for algo trading, its been almost 3 months now since I started with Symphony. All these 3 months, there were many modifications made to the algo and finally Symphony has coded my strategy last week. I have been given access to their paper trading environment, will be testing the strategy in the virtual environment.

Since I wanted to record my daily trades, I have started this thread. There is no other motive like educating or providing more info on trading setups etc. There are already many seniors created many such threads. This is purely to record my trading outcome, so that i could refer it anywhere anytime.

Am happy that at least I took the initial step to start Algo trading. Lets see how the algo works. :thumb:
Wish you all the very best brother on this initiative. :thumb:
Will be tracking this thread.

looser89

dear cubt please answer my queries if you spare time
1. what are charges for making algo of your strategy
2. LTP ( last trade price) difference between symphony and your trading terminal
3 .orders execute under market order or limit order
4. order execution accuracy for big volumes
5. disconnecting online problem
6. is it handle frequently buy sell trades intraday
7.any other problem you face
I ask them about these things they say no problem but I want to know from person who is using it live
thanks in advance

Cubt

Algo Trader
dear cubt please answer my queries if you spare time
2. LTP ( last trade price) difference between symphony and your trading terminal
4. order execution accuracy for big volumes
5. disconnecting online problem
6. is it handle frequently buy sell trades intraday
7.any other problem you face
I ask them about these things they say no problem but I want to know from person who is using it live
thanks in advance
Hi Bro,

Please find below my answers.
10,000 = NSE approval fee
15,000 = Development Fee
37,500 = One Year License fee

LTP ( last trade price) difference between symphony and your trading terminal
there is no difference, what you see in your terminal = what you see in symphony

Market orders are not allowed, only limit orders. Algo places higher limit order for Buy orders and lower limit order for Short orders. So that it would get filled in with market price

order execution accuracy for big volumes
not sure, as i have tested it with one lot only

disconnecting online problem
100% uptime, not disconnected even once.

is it handle frequently buy sell trades intraday
Yes, it can handle frequent trades easily

other than this main problem i face is, in their virtual trading environment some times my orders doesnt not get filled in due to sudden spike in prices. However they informed that it will not happen in Live environment.

Cubt

Algo Trader
MAY 19 Trade results

Total no of trades = 20

Total no of winning Trades = 18

Total no of losing trades = 2

Only 2 trades did not hit target out of 20 trades.

Total no of buy and sell = 36 orders.

Total Realized Profit including slippages and excluding brokerage as of now is Rs. 105800 :thumb:

Only 2 orders are currently open, need to check the status at EOD.

stock72

KALAKUREENGA chandru

MAY 19 Trade results

Total no of trades = 20

Total Realized Profit including slippages and excluding brokerage as of now is Rs. 105800 :thumb:

onlinegtrash

@Cubt !

Great to see this thread! Good luck to you!

Instead of posting profit in INR can you put that in percentage or ROI?

That will help to gauge the profitability ...

You said you are paper trading with 1 lot...how come profits are in such huge numbers !?
am I missing something...

Cubt

Algo Trader
KALAKUREENGA chandru

:lol::lol:

in b/w these are just paper trades. Real trades will be started from June. As markets are trending, its easy to make money with any strategy. Want to know how does it perform during range bound days

Cubt

Algo Trader
@Cubt !

Great to see this thread! Good luck to you!

Instead of posting profit in INR can you put that in percentage or ROI?

That will help to gauge the profitability ...

You said you are paper trading with 1 lot...how come profits are in such huge numbers !?
am I missing something...
Returns as of now is 25%

Yes, am trading with 1 lot but with Stock futures. Not Index. Returns calculated based on today's margin utilization. If the buffer capital is also included then total returns is 9%

Cubt

Algo Trader
MAY 19 Trade results

Total no of trades = 20

I wish these were real trades :mad:

Only 1 order is open now. 90% of the trades were winners today :clap:

Total Profit 107906.25