Started Algo Trading - Daily Paper Trade updates

Cubt

Algo Trader
I wish these were real trades :mad:

Only 1 order is open now. 90% of the trades were winners today :clap:

Total Profit 107906.25
The Final Profit of Strategy 1 - Rs. 108106.25

The Final Profit of Strategy 2 - Rs. 429656.25

Strategy 2 is nothing but the modified version were few tweaks were done. Will compare the 2 strats and go live with the one which gives less draw down.

Retruns -

Strat 1 - 9.01 %
Strat 2 - 35.80 %

Vanakkam Mr.Cubt,

First best wishes for your algo trading.

I don't know about your strategy and I am not asking about the details of your strategy. As per my logic, if I had traded all the same 20 scrips, using the algo, the returns were very huge with very less risk , except two scrips. Even if I consider 50% of the money in all the scrips, still it is too huge.

Yes, you were right. All these scrips were moving in one direction. As you mentioned, we have to check the range bound days.

I request you to post your paper trades based on your strategy, using the algo.

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Cubt

Algo Trader
k.. this sounds too easy but I was thinking algo trading as hair splitting complex!
(still thinking so...!)...

profits figure are astounding 25% per day... sounds like a fairy tale (even if you take the bull market into account)!

but also I feel something is missing life can't be so easy!

will watch this thread when you go live! good luck!
bro.. its not as easy as it looks... Their algo doesnt not give you any profits, its the strategy and risk management that makes our profit. I have spent so many sleep less nights for last few months to finalize a strategy. There's a tons of research n hard work behind these profits. There were days were i have slept only for 4 hours, so many hurdles.. finally i could see that it works.. i will not be surprised even if i lose 10% of my capital in a day. after all, that's the way strategy has been designed.

The Final Profit of Strategy 1 - Rs. 108106.25

The Final Profit of Strategy 2 - Rs. 429656.25

Strategy 2 is nothing but the modified version were few tweaks were done. Will compare the 2 strats and go live with the one which gives less draw down.

Retruns -

Strat 1 - 9.01 %
Strat 2 - 35.80 %
==============================

Dear Mr.Cubt,

Can you please explain how (your) two different strategies can be implemented in real time using the Presto, on same scrip?

If you can be able to explain from the GUI, then that is enough.

If that depends on the time frame etc, then no problems.

Thank you

=============================

Cubt

Algo Trader
==============================

Dear Mr.Cubt,

Can you please explain how (your) two different strategies can be implemented in real time using the Presto, on same scrip?

If you can be able to explain from the GUI, then that is enough.

If that depends on the time frame etc, then no problems.

Thank you

=============================

you can use two different instance on presto n test it.

I have signed up with Symphony for algo trading, its been almost 3 months now since I started with Symphony. All these 3 months, there were many modifications made to the algo and finally Symphony has coded my strategy last week. I have been given access to their paper trading environment, will be testing the strategy in the virtual environment.

Since I wanted to record my daily trades, I have started this thread. There is no other motive like educating or providing more info on trading setups etc. There are already many seniors created many such threads. This is purely to record my trading outcome, so that i could refer it anywhere anytime.

Starting tomo EOD, i shall update the thread with my trades.

Am happy that at least I took the initial step to start Algo trading. Lets see how the algo works. :thumb:
MAY 19 Trade results

Total no of trades = 20

Total no of winning Trades = 18

Total no of losing trades = 2

Only 2 trades did not hit target out of 20 trades.

Total no of buy and sell = 36 orders.

Total Realized Profit including slippages and excluding brokerage as of now is Rs. 105800 :thumb:

Only 2 orders are currently open, need to check the status at EOD.
These were the list of stocks that were traded today. I cannot give the entry and exit price for each stock as it is very difficult to copy it from symphony for each stoc

ADANIENT
ALBK
ANDHRABANK
BANKINDIA
CANBK
DLF
HDIL
IBREALEST
INDIACEM
IOB
IRB
JPASSOCIAT
JPPOWER
JUSTDIAL
PFC
RELCAPITAL
UCOBANK
UNIONBANK
UNITECH
UPL

Dear Cubt,

(1)what timeframe you are using.....?
(2) who is your broker and what brokerage you are paying......?

Wish you all the very best for your algo trading....:):thumb::thumb:

HEM