Stamp duty for Uttar Pradesh increased by 25 Times

Just now got a circular from Zerodha. To quote "Stamp duty for the state of Uttar Pradesh has been revised to 0.05% or maximum Rs. 1000 per day for all segments with immediate effect. "

Just for information it used to be .002% till date. So, has it really been increased by 25 times? It is now 10 times of STT on futures (Counting both Buy and Sell sides) ?

Any Idea if it's a typo or it has really been increased by that much. Needless to say that it makes it virtually impossible to trade in stock markets for UP residents like me.

Update: Zerodha has charged the increased stamp duty (25 Times) in today's contact note itself.

Any other trader from Uttar Pradesh?

Last edited:
Last edited:

RadhuK

KYA TENSION LENEY KA

TRADE WITH OPTIONS... 2 ATM CALLS EQUAL 1 FUTURE IN MOVEMENT (DELTA NEUTRAL)
RISK BHI LESS HAI............... MARGIN BHI KUM

Just now got a circular from Zerodha. To quote "Stamp duty for the state of Uttar Pradesh has been revised to 0.05% or maximum Rs. 1000 per day for all segments with immediate effect. "

Just for information it used to be .002% till date. So, has it really been increased by 25 times? It is now 10 times of STT on futures (Counting both Buy and Sell sides) ?

Any Idea if it's a typo or it has really been increased by that much. Needless to say that it makes it virtually impossible to trade in stock markets for UP residents like me.

Update: Zerodha has charged the increased stamp duty (25 Times) in today's contact note itself.

Any other trader from Uttar Pradesh?
I too can't believe it.. I was charged 1000/ today. For a similar trade value I used to see stamp duty earlier as less than 50/.. I was not able to understand then I saw the zerodha circular.. How can one trade with this much stamp duty..How can this be increased 25 fold in one go.. Extremely disappointed