Stamp Charges on share deals... WTF??

findvikas

I recently read this article in Economic Times
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...p-duty-on-share-deals/articleshow/4849842.cms

...and then looked at my contract notes once again. They are charging me hefty amount at stamp charges. I am registered to Kotak, Bangalore branch. but surprised that kotak havent told me about these charges before hand... I could have switched to some other broker in some other state .. may be Delhi which does not have these charges

Can anyone with kotak account confirm if they are getting these charges as well.. and if they received any intimation from kotak before hand?

Please also do mention your state as this seem to be state level change to earn some cash... govt. would kill intraday players this way... :(

Sunny1

GOT INTIMATION FROM ICICI STAMP CHARGES REVISED. REMAINS SAME FOR CASH AS .01%. AND FOR MARGIN/FnO REVISED TO .01% FROM EARLIER .002%.

THAT MEAN IF TRADE VOLUME IS 4LACS IN INTRADAY. THEY CHARGE 40 Rs. THATS HUGE CHARGES.

findvikas

GOT INTIMATION FROM ICICI STAMP CHARGES REVISED. REMAINS SAME FOR CASH AS .01%. AND FOR MARGIN/FnO REVISED TO .01% FROM EARLIER .002%.

THAT MEAN IF TRADE VOLUME IS 4LACS IN INTRADAY. THEY CHARGE 40 Rs. THATS HUGE CHARGES.
My volume was like 20-50L in F&O and charges is huggeeee when compared to returns :(