I want to open a demat account with a discount broker.I currently have one with icici direct but their brokerages are ridiculously high and the platform they provide is shit.
I had made my decision to open one with Zerodha but after researching I found that many people were complaining about its stability.As all the reviews are old I'm confused, I want to know if issues are still there?
Please suggest a discount broker that has a stable trading platform?
And
Are stability issues still there in Zerodha?

newtrader101

I've been using Zerodha since last June, and am satisfied. The support staff are relaxed and friendly, eventhough sometimes you may have to wait a while (premium brokers also have this problem). Zerodha has a large number of indicators that many others don't have. For the income tas returns statements, they have more detailed reports than even premium brokers.

Yes there are occasional glitches, but this is more than the best value you can get for this money. Contact support staff by email and they always respond fast. There are free expert advisors as well. The only issue I've had is with the Pi Scanner. I guess I need to learn some coding.

Can one guarantee about the stability of trading platform
I dont think, if any one can
Most of the discount brokers are having NestTrader, and it is quite stable, but no one can guarantee, when a problem may occur.

BTW, you may go thro member bpr thread on discount brokers and select one at your discretion.

Last month due to technical reasons in cash market, trading has been stopped in both cash and F&O segments on National Stock Exchange. :eek:

Its NSE .. You are asking stability of Discount Brokers Platforms. ;)

Last month due to technical reasons in cash market, trading has been stopped in both cash and F&O segments on National Stock Exchange. :eek:

Its NSE .. You are asking stability of Discount Brokers Platforms. ;)
No.
I was talking bout the brexit event where Zerodha traders were unable to modify/place/exit their positions.

On that event I made Rs. 43,000 profit on Strangle which even I was not expecting. Like whole world I thought there will be No Brexit and Market will Go up and I could make some money on my Strangle. But my fortunately :D it happened and I make good profit on that day and all done at ZERODHA. I din't get any problem. My dear friend don't talk about others problems. Do you got problem on that day with Zerodha...?

Last edited:

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
Fyersone is one of the stable platforms, better than Nest/PI. IMO.
They are comparatively new with one of best platform. But as they are new BO/CO product is still not available. MIS & NRML margin are same. Not much difference if u r option trader.
They have a thread here, you can see/ask the details there.

Last edited:

newtrader101

Let me share an experience I'd with stability issue with them recently. On 1/8/17, the auto square off system failed and my intraday long position on HindPetro was converted into CNC (Delivery). In CNC with Zerodha you can do BTST, if it is in the EQ list.
My position was in the red at EOD.

Because of some issues I forgot to square off the losing position on 2/8/17. However on market open on 3/8/17, HINDPETRO shot up and my loss turned into profit. The glitch turned out to be a blessing. Thank you Zerodha.

manoj2012

On Probation
Fyersone is one of the stable platforms, better than Nest/PI. IMO.
They are comparatively new with one of best platform. But as they are new BO/CO product is still not available. MIS & NRML margin are same. Not much difference if u r option trader.
They have a thread here, you can see/ask the details there.
when new .................. everything is stable ................... the real test is when volume reaches a critical mass ............ that when real Load Testing Results is known ...

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
when new .................. everything is stable ................... the real test is when volume reaches a critical mass ............ that when real Load Testing Results is known ...
Yes, only time will tell it. Untill then, we must use the best of the available resources always.
As a trader, it's our duty to find the best stable platform in volatile times and shift to another stable platform whenever platform become unstable. :p

Also,
Fyers customer care process any request much better than most of the discount brokers.
@FYERS every problem create a unique id with one customer care representative attached with personal mobile & unique email id, a chat box created there too in the site under this request id. U don't need to give the same description again and again to several persons. The first representative who will respond to a query is responsible to solve it completely using other ones.

Last edited: