Sridhar's Trading Dairy

sridhga

The paramount increase in OI (65+) is something which I’ve never seen in BEL counter.

In case of the news, whatsoever, being already factored in at this price, the short covering on this massive front should easily take the stock back to 105 levels atleast.

I took almost the same hit like this in IFCI when the banking license didn’t go through for it. But I wasn’t aware of options by then.

As I have told multiple times, naked long/short overnight positions without hedging is always a risky business.

Alright, things do happen. Take a break for a couple of days, come back and win it again.

Cheers
AK

Today USA is mixed. But the broad markets in USA are in the red.(Dow in green, S&P, Nasdaq in red). Today Japan and Australia are trading in red. So let us see.

Contra

Defence expenditure as a percentage of GDP has been falling over the years (the source for this stat is the govt itself). Despite the govt's push for modernisation and so forth, the facts on the ground are different.

Even the Ministry of Defence's own Economic Advisor has said on 3rd Sept that "Investments Are Slow In Defence As There Is No Predictability"

http://bwdefence.businessworld.in/a...There-Is-No-Predictability/03-09-2018-159140/

These factors, along with yesterday's margin news, paint a picture for the BEL stock.

Attachments

sridhga

Morning rades: (Long Position)
Product______Instrument______P&L
BO_____TATAELXSI18SEPFUT_____ + 4000
Less: Trans Chgs 1 Lot_____________ -225
Balance____________________________ + 3775

This is what I could manage in the morning. Account recovery started. I hope, I will build it back in about a month.
Goal by 5th Oct is to earn Rs. 1,60,000/-.

Last edited:

sridhga

Now again shorted Elxsi lot for Rs. 5 gain.

Status now:

Earnings:__________________ +8000
Less Trans Chgs for 2 lots: - 450
Balance:___________________ + 7550

Last edited:

sridhga

Took another long trade in Elxsi for Re.1.5 profit

Final status for today:

Product_____Instrument____________P&L
BO_____TATAELXSI18SEPFUT_____ + 9200
Less: Trans Chgs 3 Lots_____________ - 775
Balance___________________________ + 8425

Trades:

Trade ID_____Fill time__________Type__________Instrument__________Product_____Qty._____Avg. Price
25319251_____2:57:08 PM_____SELL_____TATAELXSI18SEPFUT_____BO_________800_____1365.50
25305319_____2:45:12 PM_____BUY_____TATAELXSI18SEPFUT_____BO_________800_____1364.00
25195411_____12:09:28 PM_____BUY_____TATAELXSI18SEPFUT_____BO_________800_____1347.00
25181510_____11:47:22 AM_____SELL_____TATAELXSI18SEPFUT_____BO_________800_____1352.00
25060469_____9:38:10 AM_____SELL_____TATAELXSI18SEPFUT_____BO_________800_____1369.10
25037111_____9:26:33 AM_____BUY_____TATAELXSI18SEPFUT_____BO_________800_____1364.10

So recovered back slightly more than 5% of the target.

sridhga

Morning Trades: (All Long positions)

Product_____Instrument___________P&L
BO_____TATAELXSI18SEPFUT_____ + 14440
Less: Trans Chgs 3 Lots_____________ -775
Balance________________________+ 13665

Target_________________160000
Date:_________________Gain/Loss
06/09/2018____________8425
07/09/2018___________13665
Total__________________22090
Percentage achieved 13.81%

Last edited:

sridhga

Hello Sridhar

All good? Haven’t heard from you in a long time.

Cheers
AK

I won't be trading for some time now since, I am busy with my other professional commitments. I will start posting again when I get back to trading. Did you see the spike in BEL today ahead of the news release on ISRO tie-up? Smells insider trading, doesn't it?
Even the ISRO tie-up is not really anything new. It was discussed in the media long ago. Options sellers seem to have very long hands in our country's power circles. They can get any News conference arranged or News items published.

Last edited:
I won't be trading for some time now since, I am busy with my other professional commitments. I will start posting again when I get back to trading. Did you see the spike in BEL today ahead of the news release on ISRO tie-up? Smells Insider trading, doesn't it?
Even the ISRO tie-up is not really anything new. It was discussed in the media long ago. Options sellers seem to have very long hands in our country's power circles. They can get any News conference arranged or News items published.
I was always of the point that this unnecessarily fall is completely fabricated. It should soon come back to its normal zone.

Cheers
AK

sridhga

Over the weekend, I was travelling and during that time, I was reading Nicholas Darvas. It was fascinating and it reminded me of the profits I made in VST Indusries of about Rs. 28 Lakhs on an investment of Rs. 8 Lakhs between 2008 and 2014.

Need to develop more such strategies. It took me months to study about 350 companies, and then, I zeroed in on VST.
Darvas apparently does not focus on such in-depth study. However, since, something similiar worked for me in the past. So in my spare time I will keep an eye on such opportunities.