Spread Trading - A Simple Trading Strategy for Maximizing Your Profits

sumeetsj

Am a late comer here, and a new comer for Spreads!!
Thanks for spending so much time for others!!!
In your first post you have given an example of Buying Dec Gold and Selling Oct Gold.
How does one decide which one to Long and which one to Short? Because this seems crucial, as we would have made 'loss' had we initially bought Oct Gold and Sold Dec. Gold.

Maybe I missed something and you have already clarified this point... please point me to it!!
http://www.traderji.com/commodities/45523-spread-trading-strategy-calculation.html

http://www.traderji.com/commodities/48665-calender-spreads-gold-silver.html

ashwani chadha

take a ex. Lead at 105/- and zinc at 100/- then short lead and buy zinc ,and squareoff ur both position when rates become equal or near to equal. Here the diff is 105-100=5/- and when the diff will be zero then u can squareoff ur both position . Now don't play again when difference the difference is zero means lead and zinc both at same price , at this time wait for the diff.that may be 5 or -5 ,means lead at 100 and zinc at 95 or vice versa,then again buy the lower one and sale the higher one and wait again for zero difference. That stratedy workd always.
few months back ,i though regarding this strategy, but never used it,but as you are saying, you used it, and it is successfull ,then you did a very good job,though and then implemented also !!!!!

Guys,

I am new to this forum,I dont know how to download excel attachment from the forum.

I could see all are appreciating the excelsheet posted by Iguru ji .But no where i could find link for excel sheet.

The post has only one link directing to other post.

So,
Please could any one help me with out .
Thnks in advance

Pratap
[email protected]

Guys,

I am new to this forum,I dont know how to download excel attachment from the forum.

I could see all are appreciating the excelsheet posted by Iguru ji .But no where i could find link for excel sheet.

The post has only one link directing to other post.

So,
Please could any one help me with out .
Thnks in advance

Pratap
[email protected]

Awaiting for any reply

hi whats the current scenerio in zinc and lea its difference continously increasing ? is any opportunity to do trade in spread of zinc and lead ?

According to last trading day LEAD-ZINC ratio is 1.09

5 days HIGH 1.09- LOW 1.06

1 month HIGH 1.09- LOW 1.02

SINCE LAST 90 days High 1.09 low 0.97

MEANS SPREAD AT ITS HIGH SINCE LAST 90 DAYS 10-12 DIFFERENCE IS GOOD TO ENTER FOR 3RD-4TH MONTH EXPIRY(LEAD SELL-INC BUY) CAUSE WE GET TIME.
AND ONLY MINI'S ARE ADVISABLE SO WE CAN AVERAGE IF SPREAD GOES WRONGS.

MY PERSONAL VIEW NOT CONSIDER AS A TIPS.