SPIDER SOFTWARE IRIS+ worth it?

I have been using falcon since years and really like it..I do not think amibroker offers these( i might be wrong)
1).the high of the day low of the day scroll...
2).Zoom in/out of chart with mouse...(this basic option was not there in may software i have tried).
3).Swing indicator with price above and below..
4).Charts are very rich and crisp.

HI, I'm new to trading and have been actively trading for about a month. I'm thinking of purchasing the spider IRIS+. Anyone has any experience with it.Also do you guys feel its worth it. I live in a city where they dont have an office so would that be a problem as I've read that the softwares has lots of glitches and needs constant local support. Any help would be really appreciated. thanks a lot!
Go with falcon its better and cheaper

mastermind007

So you don't have brain to code?? I can understand that!

One is an inexperienced fool who say that what can be coded in pinescript cannot be done in AFL. Pinescript is an failed attempt to replicate AFL... AFL can do much, very much more than pinescript. But it does not matter since you can't code and take control your own charts!

Thus the fact is that, it is your inability that makes you think in your whatever style of trading, AmiBroker is inferior. But reality as usual remains unrealized for many.....
Pine script can accelarate pre-mature graying of your hair.
Can AFL do that....

I think not!!!!

mastermind007

Pine script can accelarate pre-mature graying of your hair.
Can AFL do that....

I think not!!!!
Jokes apart, There was a script that I had attempted to create in pine script about a year ago and eventually gave up since I never could get past the syntax error....

What I needed was equivalent of Flip function of Amibroker, that accepts two arrays and persists signal of first array. I use pair of flip function in tandem to create a DPDT switch. Could not discover equivalent function in PineScript so attempted to roll my own....

condOne, condTwo, condThree, condFour are results arrays (series in pinescript world) returned from basic cross function and will either have 1 or 0. Pine script treats it as boolean.

Code:
/// Pine script implementation .... failed without loop and hence tried with loop
/// loop inverted because I want to traverse left to right
oneFlip = 0
twoFlip = 0
for i = bar_index to 0 by -1
    oneFlip[i] = condOne[i] ? 1 : condTwo[i] ? -1 : oneFlip[i + 1]
    twoFlip[i] = condThree[i] ? 1 : (condFour[i] ? -1 : twoFlip[i + 1])
Above code reports syntax error "line 72: Syntax error at input '='. "

Loop less version for single element is
oneFlip[0] = condOne[0] ? 1 : condTwo[0] ? -1 : oneFlip[1]

Code:
//Amibroker code of the logic I want is
oneFlip = Flip(condOne, condTwo) - Flip(condTwo, condOne);
twoFlip = Flip(condThree, condFour) - Flip(condFour condThree);
Writing this code in amibroker loop is also straight forward

Last edited:

mastermind007

Jokes apart, There was a script that I had attempted to create in pine script about a year ago and eventually gave up since I never could get past the syntax error....

What I needed was equivalent of Flip function of Amibroker, that accepts two arrays and persists signal of first array. I use pair of flip function in tandem to create a DPDT switch. Could not discover equivalent function in PineScript so attempted to roll my own....

condOne, condTwo, condThree, condFour are results arrays (series in pinescript world) returned from basic cross function and will either have 1 or 0. Pine script treats it as boolean.

Code:
/// Pine script implementation .... failed without loop and hence tried with loop
/// loop inverted because I want to traverse left to right
oneFlip = 0
twoFlip = 0
for i = bar_index to 0 by -1
    oneFlip[i] = condOne[i] ? 1 : condTwo[i] ? -1 : oneFlip[i + 1]
    twoFlip[i] = condThree[i] ? 1 : (condFour[i] ? -1 : twoFlip[i + 1])
Above code reports syntax error "line 72: Syntax error at input '='. "

Loop less version for single element is
oneFlip[0] = condOne[0] ? 1 : condTwo[0] ? -1 : oneFlip[1]

Code:
//Amibroker code of the logic I want is
oneFlip = Flip(condOne, condTwo) - Flip(condTwo, condOne);
twoFlip = Flip(condThree, condFour) - Flip(condFour condThree);
Writing this code in amibroker loop is also straight forward
Hello friends

As usual, re-visiting a past unresolved problem left off on slow burn got solved today!!

Here is the pinescript solution that accomplishes the equivalent of the aforesaid Flip Tandem.

BEWARE: Unlike Amibroker, White spaces and indenting is important in pinescript and mindlessly altering them will give mind-numbing blood-curdling compile time errors
Code:
var oneFlip = 0
if condOne
    oneFlip := 1
else 
    if condTwo
        oneFlip  := -1
    else
        oneFlip := oneFlip[1]