something entirely new

abhiwhy

hi friends ,
through this thread i would like all members of traderji to put their ideas openly here , there are several people here (including me ) which believe in their own indicators , systems and techniques and probably every body has something new which could come on this common platform for open discussion . there are several from history such as Gann , Fibonacci , Elliot etc who gave something entirely new to technical world and the were successful because they created their own , so had a better understanding and hence were among wealthiest people of their times .

But probably, we are not gann , fibonacci etc . so what to do? , we should make a group effort together to carve out some thing new and effective .

we would devote out innovations and ideas together to make some entirely new and effective here .

objective

1) to analyse existing indicators
2) to discuss and find out problems and loop holes in them
3) thinking and discussing ways to remove them
4) if not possible suggesting or discovering our completely new technical indicator with similar function .
5)focusing on what we want , indicators to show
6) total scope and a potential for maximum progress .
7) if any body suggests a new idea or concept , working together to discuss scope and limitations for it
8) designing new pattern or series of indicators
9) mixing several existing indicators to make a new one , to get an all in one formula
10) analyse and making new ,advanced and profitable trading systems .

for example i m starting a topic

we use RSI (14) to measure the overbought and oversold conditions in market, buying in over bought market is considered dangerous ans selling in oversold is also considered as wrong decision , but actually all major rallies take place in these overbought and oversold zones.

so r u with me ?

abhi:thumb:

Last edited:
Dear abhi

I share your thoughts on the issue. you may create a structure for taking this discussion forward, by suggesting the broad areas on which we need to collect and share information. Starting with clearly defining the objectives.

abhiwhy

WE ALL KNOW THERE ARE TWO KIND OF FORCES DRIVING THE MARKETS :
1) GREED
2) FEAR

WHEN GREED COMES IT ATTRACTS EVERYONE AND EVERYONE WANTS TO JUMP IN RALLY (THEY BUY EVEN WHEN MARKET IS AT TOP):clapping:

WHEN FEAR COMES IT BRINGS PANIC AND EVERYONE ,(EVEN HOLDING POSITIONS FOR LAST(10-15) YEARS SELL HIS POSITION .:(

SO QUESTION IS WHAT WE HAVE TO MEASURE THIS GREED AND FEAR .
ANSWER : NOTHING :annoyed:

IF WE SAY WE HAVE RSI WHICH GIVES IDEA ABOUT OVERBOUGHT AND OVERSOLD MARKET AND WE COULD PREDICT THE GREED AND FEAR MOST ACCURATELY WE ARE AGAIN WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REASON: ALL TOPS ARE FORMED WHEN RSI IS ABOVE 60-70 RANGE AND
ALL BOTTOMS ARE BELOW 40-30 , AND SO IF WE R GONNA FOLLOW THIS ,
WE R NEVER GOING TO GET ANY TOP OR BOTTOM AS WE HAVE TO AVOID OVER BOUGHT AND OVERSOLD MARKETS .

SO IF BY ANY WAY WE MANAGE TO BUY WHEN GREED JUST ENTERS INTO MARKET AND SHORT WHEN FEAR STARTS TAKING SHAPE IT WOULD BE A PERFECT SYSTEM .

SO I HAVE MADE A NEW INDICATOR BASED ON FAMOUS RELATIVE STRENGTH INDEX. BASED ON FOLLOWING OBSERVATIONS .

1)WHEN MARKET STARTS TRENDING AND ENTERS INTO A BULL PHASE THE VALUE OF RSI(14) IS ALWAYS MORE THAN(55- 60) (WHICH MAY BE CONSIDERED AS LITTLE BIT OVERBOUGHT ).

2)OPPOSITE IS ALSO TRUE , EVERY MAJOR FALL IS BELOW(40-45).(WHICH MAY BE CONSIDERED AS LITTLE BIT OVER SOLD )

SO BASED ON THIS OBSERVATIONS I GOT FOLLOWING CONCLUSIONS :

1) WHY NOT TO MAKE A GREED INDICATOR WHICH MAJORS LEVEL OF GREED IN MARKET .
2) ALSO BASED ON SAME THEME A FEAR INDICATOR CAN ALSO BE CONSTRUCTED .

SO FINALLY I HAVE MADE 2 INDICATORS NAMED
ABHI GREED INDICATOR AND ABHI FEAR INDICATOR .

WE WILL CALL IT IN SHORT AGREED INDICATOR AND AFEAR INDICATOR FOR FURTHER DISCUSSION .

SO WHAT IS FORMULA ??????
SIMPLE

AGREED INDICATOR : WHEN VALUE OF RSI(14) >55 ITS VALUE IS 1 OR OTHERWISE 0 , IT MEANS HIGHLIGHT ONLY THOSE PARTS IN CHART WHERE RSI (14) IS GREATER THAN 55

AFEAR INDICATOR : RSI(14)<45 VALUE IS 1 OTHERWISE O ,(EXPLANATION SIMILAR TO AGREED BUT OPPOSITE)

I M USING IF COMMAND WHICH RETURNS TWO VALUES 1 OR 0 , 1 MEANS YES , 0 MEANS NO OR CONSIDER IT AS TRUE AND FALSE .

SO U R OVER UR INDICATORS R READY . I HAVE TESTED THEM ON DAILY WEEKLY TIME FRAME , IN DAILY GIVES VERY GOOD RESULTS AND IN WEEKLY CHART IT IS BEST........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
T

I HAVE MADE A TRADING SYSTEM IN METASTOCK
WITH THIS INDICATOR
SEE WEEKLY NIFTY CHART SINCE 2005
:!
HAPPY TRADING
ABHISHEK

Last edited:
1) GREED
2) FEAR

WHEN GREED COMES IT ATTRACTS EVERYONE AND EVERYONE WANTS TO JUMP IN RALLY (THEY BUY EVEN WHEN MARKET IS AT TOP):clapping:

............................ T

WITH THIS INDICATOR
HAPPY TRADING
ABHISHEK

Hello Abhi,
I am also interested in this topic. I will surely follow this thread.
Regards

vishalalluri

hi friends ,

But probably, we are not gann , fibonacci etc . so what to do? , we should make a group effort together to carve out some thing new and effective .

for example i m starting a topic

we use RSI (14) to measure the overbought and oversold conditions in market, buying in over bought market is considered dangerous ans selling in oversold is also considered as wrong decision , but actually all major rallies take place in these overbought and oversold zones.

so r u with me ?

abhi:thumb:

HEY ABHI :clap:

GREAT TO SEE THE START I WAS THINKING OF STARTING SUCH A THREAD LAST COUPLE A DAYS BUT HAD PAUSED WITH THE THOUGHT THAT I SHUDNOT WORK ON 4 THREDS AT A TIME .:)

I TOO HUMBLY REQUEST EVERYONE TO POST AS MANY THOUGHTS AS POSSIBLE
AND MAKE A TRADERS PARADISE

MY PARTICIPATION WOULD BE TO THE MAXIMUM THOUGH DONT HAVE GREAT IDEAS BUT WILL CONTRIBUTE :thumb:

vishalalluri

ACCURATELY WE ARE AGAIN WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WITH THIS INDICATOR

HAPPY TRADING
ABHISHEK
HI ABHI

GREAT START I HAVE SEEN THIS POST EARLIER WAS IMPRESSED EVEN THEN AND EVEN NOW

:) AGREED AFEAR THOSE ARE GREAT NAME FOR THE INDICATORS :clapping:

DO THESE WORK IN INTRADAY ALSO ARE U ABLE TO USE THEM REALTIME ?? OR SHORT TERM

abhiwhy

HI ABHI

GREAT START I HAVE SEEN THIS POST EARLIER WAS IMPRESSED EVEN THEN AND EVEN NOW

:) AGREED AFEAR THOSE ARE GREAT NAME FOR THE INDICATORS :clapping:

DO THESE WORK IN INTRADAY ALSO ARE U ABLE TO USE THEM REALTIME ?? OR SHORT TERM
it is only for swing trade , in intraday in high ranged market it gives good outcome but in rangebound market it is only making losses .

rkkarnani

1) GREED
2) FEAR

WHEN FEAR COMES IT BRINGS PANIC AND EVERYONE ,(EVEN HOLDING POSITIONS FOR LAST(10-15) YEARS SELL HIS POSITION .:(

SO QUESTION IS WHAT WE HAVE TO MEASURE THIS GREED AND FEAR .
ANSWER : NOTHING :annoyed:

IF WE SAY WE HAVE RSI WHICH GIVES IDEA ABOUT OVERBOUGHT AND OVERSOLD MARKET AND WE COULD PREDICT THE GREED AND FEAR MOST ACCURATELY WE ARE AGAIN WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REASON: ALL TOPS ARE FORMED WHEN RSI IS ABOVE 60-70 RANGE AND
ALL BOTTOMS ARE BELOW 40-30 , AND SO IF WE R GONNA FOLLOW THIS ,
WE R NEVER GOING TO GET ANY TOP OR BOTTOM AS WE HAVE TO AVOID OVER BOUGHT AND OVERSOLD MARKETS .

SO IF BY ANY WAY WE MANAGE TO BUY WHEN GREED JUST ENTERS INTO MARKET AND SHORT WHEN FEAR STARTS TAKING SHAPE IT WOULD BE A PERFECT SYSTEM .

SO I HAVE MADE A NEW INDICATOR BASED ON FAMOUS RELATIVE STRENGTH INDEX. BASED ON FOLLOWING OBSERVATIONS .

1)WHEN MARKET STARTS TRENDING AND ENTERS INTO A BULL PHASE THE VALUE OF RSI(14) IS ALWAYS MORE THAN(55- 60) (WHICH MAY BE CONSIDERED AS LITTLE BIT OVERBOUGHT ).

2)OPPOSITE IS ALSO TRUE , EVERY MAJOR FALL IS BELOW(40-45).(WHICH MAY BE CONSIDERED AS LITTLE BIT OVER SOLD )

SO BASED ON THIS OBSERVATIONS I GOT FOLLOWING CONCLUSIONS :

1) WHY NOT TO MAKE A GREED INDICATOR WHICH MAJORS LEVEL OF GREED IN MARKET .
2) ALSO BASED ON SAME THEME A FEAR INDICATOR CAN ALSO BE CONSTRUCTED .

SO FINALLY I HAVE MADE 2 INDICATORS NAMED
ABHI GREED INDICATOR AND ABHI FEAR INDICATOR .

WE WILL CALL IT IN SHORT AGREED INDICATOR AND AFEAR INDICATOR FOR FURTHER DISCUSSION .

SO WHAT IS FORMULA ??????
SIMPLE

AGREED INDICATOR : WHEN VALUE OF RSI(14) >55 ITS VALUE IS 1 OR OTHERWISE 0 , IT MEANS HIGHLIGHT ONLY THOSE PARTS IN CHART WHERE RSI (14) IS GREATER THAN 55

AFEAR INDICATOR : RSI(14)<45 VALUE IS 1 OTHERWISE O ,(EXPLANATION SIMILAR TO AGREED BUT OPPOSITE)

I M USING IF COMMAND WHICH RETURNS TWO VALUES 1 OR 0 , 1 MEANS YES , 0 MEANS NO OR CONSIDER IT AS TRUE AND FALSE .

SO U R OVER UR INDICATORS R READY . I HAVE TESTED THEM ON DAILY WEEKLY TIME FRAME , IN DAILY GIVES VERY GOOD RESULTS AND IN WEEKLY CHART IT IS BEST........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
T

WITH THIS INDICATOR
HAPPY TRADING
ABHISHEK
Do explain the three colours in your chart. And also kindly post a daily chart for the same period!!!
Thanks for giving your precious time for others to learn.
Expect to see more from you and Vishalluri on Technical Analysis tools!!

All the best

abhiwhy

Do explain the three colours in your chart. And also kindly post a daily chart for the same period!!!
Thanks for giving your precious time for others to learn.
Expect to see more from you and Vishalluri on Technical Analysis tools!!

All the best

there are only 2 colours blue for hlding buy position and red for shorting green is just colour of bars which means no trading during this region .:thumb: