Some tips when using MDP

Hi All,

I have been using mdp for a while and though happy with the service, faced some problems (which I eventually solved) that I would like to share.

1) Some times when mdp is running during intraday, the cpu shoots up 100%
Ans: This could be due to your anti-virus/security software acting up (In my case trend micro was checking every tick data that mdp writes to harddisk). So change the a/v setting accordingly (r disable for a while to see it helps)

2) Some times on clicking 'get data' to get eod data, a few bars would be missing randomly
Ans: I dont know the reason but the fix would be:
i)Close mdp. Go to "c:\program files\mrkt" folder and delete 'NIFTYD.sav' or if it is any other symbol(ex: reliance), then it would be 'RELIANCED.sav'. Please don't delete anything else.
ii) Run mdp and click 'get data' again.

3) Some times amibroker doesn't display all the bars (it stops at some previous date).
Ans: Go to database settings and increase the number of bars. Click OK.

4) At times during off-market hours, if we change the symbol, the data may not be shown in ami.
Ans: Restart mdp.

pkgmtnl

Hi All,

I have been using mdp for a while and though happy with the service, faced some problems (which I eventually solved) that I would like to share.

1) Some times when mdp is running during intraday, the cpu shoots up 100%
Ans: This could be due to your anti-virus/security software acting up (In my case trend micro was checking every tick data that mdp writes to harddisk). So change the a/v setting accordingly (r disable for a while to see it helps)

2) Some times on clicking 'get data' to get eod data, a few bars would be missing randomly
Ans: I dont know the reason but the fix would be:
i)Close mdp. Go to "c:\program files\mrkt" folder and delete 'NIFTYD.sav' or if it is any other symbol(ex: reliance), then it would be 'RELIANCED.sav'. Please don't delete anything else.
ii) Run mdp and click 'get data' again.

3) Some times amibroker doesn't display all the bars (it stops at some previous date).
Ans: Go to database settings and increase the number of bars. Click OK.

4) At times during off-market hours, if we change the symbol, the data may not be shown in ami.
Ans: Restart mdp.
I m also a client of Market-Data-Provider in annual mode, I never faced any of such problem, but still your above truoble shooting will be of gr8 help, Did not u ever enquired from the support? They are very prompt and 24x7 available.

Do u know any utility or plugin if installed to AMI can shows charts in a slide show?

I m also a client of Market-Data-Provider in annual mode, I never faced any of such problem, but still your above truoble shooting will be of gr8 help, Did not u ever enquired from the support? They are very prompt and 24x7 available.

Do u know any utility or plugin if installed to AMI can shows charts in a slide show?
Their support was good but there are some issues that they weren't able to solve. I know some scripts exist for ami to create a slideshow effect for selected watchlists but don't have one.