Some Good Steals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMITBE

AMITBE said:
Arvind Mills is down at 128 off and at a close above 133 will test 140 where it has been a few weeks ago. Past 140, looking at 150 plus.

A few likely intraday plays for Monday which I will update after observing early trading:
Arvind Mills: Try to pick at 130 on the up for 135.
Thanks.
Arvind at 137.30 after high at 137.90. Well...the intraday call on Arvind came a day early!! :)
NIFTY is at 2336 off now, and as Arvind can be slippery, should the index lose 10 odd points at some point, you may stll get Arvind around 135, or lower even.
My target in short term is 142, and past that at 150.

AMITBE

hmp said:
HI DEAR AMITBE.
THANKS FOR GREAT CALLS ON ARVIND MILLS AND NTPC. WHAT R THE NEXT TARGETS? KEEP IT UP!
REGARDS
HMP.
http://www.buzzingstocks.com/in/analysis.pl?ref=hmp
Hi there hmp,
Depends on how long you want to be invested.
Arvind tested 140 today itself. I had expected this move to come tomorrow, knowing Arvind from the past.
As I have suggested, a close of over 142-143 will bring it closer to 150-155 and more. It may falter at 142-144 levels for a bit. It can be a slow mover at times. This is a promise of a long time.
NTPC I expect 105-107 in the near term, when it manages to close above 102. Any good news of the Dabhol power plant will only move it faster. If you hold for a 4-6 week period, expect 110-112.
NTPC is like a slow train as I had written earlier. After covering a few miles, get off and go elsewhere. When you return, it'll still be around in sight! :)
Seems to me you'd got in on IndBulls too. Still holding?

Last edited:

AMITBE

Re: Hi

fednex said:
hi amit,

I am a new subscriber, can u suggest me something about Gujarat heavy chemicals Ltd. I bought it at around 65 Rs.
Hi fednex if you see this....sorry I missed this post of yours...
You've bought in high and currently in a temporary corrective phase. Closing today 63.40 could possibly be a pull back rally from the close yesterday at 61.80.
How long do you want to stay invested?
The recent run up in price happened because excellent results were expected, which have now come.
Be invested for now, and a close above 69 will send it onwards on the rally. I expect a 30% increase from here by the next quarter if the company continues to deliver as in this quarter.
Thanks.

AMITBE

Hi all...
SRFcalled at 260, Aptecht called at 80 Arvind called at 129 have all moved well. One can keep picking them at declines, and Aptecht specially is a stock to remain invested in for the short term. Profit booking happens quite quickly but don't lose nerve if dips come.
Had written earlier: 'Vdoconintl: Is resting sideways at a strong support at current close of 80.95, down from a very recent peak of 85. This is set to take off again and crossing 85, expect 95 off first.'
This still holds true.
Another call from a few days ago: 'For now I am eyeing Aksh Opti Fibre. Closed today at 62.55, a very important level. At passing 64, it could do 68-69 levels.'
It close around 64 yesterday, so keep watch and take chances as they come. This can be an out performer in the mid term.
Will update later.
Thanks.

AMITBE

AMITBE said:
Had written earlier: 'Vdoconintl: Is resting sideways at a strong support at current close of 80.95, down from a very recent peak of 85. This is set to take off again and crossing 85, expect 95 off first.'
This still holds true.
Another call from a few days ago: 'For now I am eyeing Aksh Opti Fibre. Closed today at 62.55, a very important level. At passing 64, it could do 68-69 levels.'
It close around 64 yesterday, so keep watch and take chances as they come. This can be an out performer in the mid term.
Will update later.
Thanks.
Aksh had a terrible opening trade at 72 which may well spoil the party for the day.
Solid consolidation in Vdocon.

AMITBE said:
NTPC is like a slow train as I had written earlier. After covering a few miles, get off and go elsewhere. When you return, it'll still be around in sight! :)
Seems to me you'd got in on IndBulls too. Still holding?
Hi Amit,

Thanks for suggesting NTPC.
I have bought few shares of NTPC few days back.
So, how long should we keep it?
What would be the price after 1 year and 2 years?

Thanks,
Narendra

AMITBE

Hi mpreddy77...Country Club is the only chart I have ever seen that goes up or down by 5% each time, its circuit break limit. The minimum volume registered is 100, and the maximum about 20,000. For a whole month it has risen session after session with no correction.
I would have no way of looking into the fundaments here, but I would personally only invest in a well known, high liquidity counter that has a broad based participation. There could be a handful of people operating the price here. This is all I can say.

Hi Narendra...How long you'd like to stay in NTPC depends on you alone. At present it is bullish and looks to be heading to 105-110 in the short term. It appears to be a favourite with day traders who operate within a 2-3 rupee band every day, to explain the massive daily volume.
As such, being a profit making PSU, it is always going to be slow and steady with periodic news driven spikes. At some point when it begins a sideward move on decreased volumes, you can pull out and re-enter at trending signs again.
Being a power generating unit, it is likely to remain one of the central players amongst the core infrastructure club, given the renewed commitment to infrastructure development made by the govt. Also, it was recently made one of the constituents of the SENSEX, replacing Hindustan Petroleum.

Where it will be in one or two years is beyond me. In early Nov. last year it was at about 75. Through ups and downs, it has reached the current levels, an increase of about 30% in nine months. This is not to say that the momentum will remain constant. It may pick up pace or lose it too, as any scrip will. On the other hand, its unlikely to grow like say, Bharti, one of the scrips in your portfolio.
So, seek the balance within your portfolio and decide accordingly. NTPC will surely remain a defencive buy in my estimation.
Hope this helps.

That explains it. Thanks much! Another scrip ive been watching for a correction is hyderabad industries....its been going north forever. Any comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Loans 4