Some Good Steals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMITBE

This is more of a pointer as most of the scrips have been mentioned by me earlier.
I had already posted Gammon Ind: Has started to get volumes back on the back of the news that it has got an order worth 800 crores fro the National Highways. Something similar happened to GujratNRE Coke which was unable to cross 116 after several attempts but came in strong after news of bagging large export orders etc. Possibly a similar move caould take place with Gammon. Sometimes the punters need a nudge to remind them of these great companies I suppose. A steal at current levels of 270 or so but needs a little consolidation and stability. Hardly any downside.
The other one is GujNRECoke. At the time of writing buying is out numbering selling by over a lakh, with volumes at 14 lakhs plus. Has bounced back after yesterday's close of 122 to current 123 plus. Seems quite convincing, this rally of the last few days. Has to cross 130 for bigger target and seems very likely. A steal I feel.
LIC Housing Finance after languishing for several weeks between 230-240 with very poor liquidity( 20000-30000 average volume), fell to 200 levels after dissapointing results. May have bottomed out around current levels of 202 where it has stood since three days with not bad volumes, one lakh plus. Keep a watch, is associated with LIC, the mammoth insurence coporation. It has come down from 270 levels of two months ago. Could be a steal here, but a little early to say.
Cummins is certainly a steal at current 132. Has strong support here.
India Bulls, Rolta, Century Textiles very good at 155, 125, 256(at the time of writing), but show strong sensitivity to the Indexes. Have not much downside at these levels but bigger targets.
Then there is the laggard, Dabur. Back at 127 after yesterday's rally to 136 where it reacted. Good defensive pick still.
NTPC on a daily basis clocks around 20 lakh volume and satys around 83-85. Not much downside and another defensive play. Exactly what IDBI was doing around 88-90 a few weeks ago.
IDBI and BOI seem set for a big break out after holding steady at 102 and 99 with large volumes for a few days. IDBI is consistently doing volumes of over 15 lakh! Perhaps awaiting a new rally from the Indexes, hey Seniors? :)
Thanks.

Last edited:
AMITBE said:
LIC Housing Finance after languishing for several weeks between 230-240
Hey Amit

i have lost the chance to Short it at 230 Levels......

I bought it @ 253 Level... Through one of professional's Tip...
and booked loss.... at 30 level....

and at that time i have lost the chance to short it....

Thanks

AMITBE

Feel sorry about those losses, Jaspal..
Not many sessions ago LICHSGFIN seemed to be sitting pretty at 250 levels for a rally towards 270 where it had been before. That's the wave I had ridden.
Word must have got out of the poor results, as it dropped consistenly and hung around 230 when the results came over the past weekend, and then dropped.
Today it had over 6 lakh volume, scores of times over the average of the last several weeks, and closed at 203.70 after touching 204.50.
A few months ago when it took off after a corrective phase lasting over 12-15 months, it was around 220. From there it had gone on to almost 280 if I remember right. Logically, by and by it may try to find that 220 comfort mark again. Perhaps it is too early to attribute anything significant to todays volumes etc...except to say there could be some quick trading on, or some bottom fishing too.
It's certainly worth keeping an eye on, and on days it really moves it covers a lot of ground indeed...many rupees!
Good luck next time, but out of paranoia I keep clear of scrips I have lost money on before! :eek:

Last edited:

AMITBE

Hi all,
Century Textiles from yesterday's posting at 256 closed 277 after making in intraday high of 287.90. In the recent sessions, twice it had hit 279 and fallen back. I would have been happier it had closed above 280. Even so, now it knows its way forward better. Hope some of you made it. If not, there could be a correction so keep in mind. The target is 300 plus in near term. It has some catching up to do with Bombay Dyeing, being a part of a much bigger business house.
GujNRECoke made marginal gains today to close at 123.95, intaday 125.90, but with buyers outnumbering sellers by over a lakh, and a huge volume of 17 lakh plus, this one is going somewhere. Yesterday's % of deliverable quantity to traded quantity was 16.30 at NSE, with volume of 25 lakh. Again, there could be a correction so watch out for it and my estimated target is 140+
India Bulls from yesterday's post at 155 closed at 162.55, high 165.65 with 7.5 lakh volume. Could still enter at correction for target of 290+ but will take time perhaps.
IDBI and Cummins are still going cheap at todays close I feel. Cummins specially has a juicy target if someone can hold short term.
BOI made good gains from when posted yesterday to close 103.5.There is much to come yet as Traderji had suggested. It had already done 112 in recent sessions.
LICHousFIN is an interesting study for now, closing 106, high 110, with good volume. Still early days following the crash and should go up down a while to settle some where. But yet it is a major player, and slightly dissapointing results cannot hold it back too long I feel.
Gammon closed falling to 264.75, but as this happened on miniscule volume of 85000, it is not a convincing correction by any means. Its too big a scrip to be concerned at this kind of movement. I'm holding for a really good rally. Someone mentioned here yesterday a target of 300, but as I have seen, 305 is a major resistence where it has been twice in recent sessions. My target is much bigger.
Thanks.

AMITBE

Hi all...
Almost all the scrips have moved as suggested. Now Gammon and Cummins should make their moves. Century may correct a little so try for it. It has some ways to go yet.
Sonata tried to cross 30 on friday twice. Closed a little below. At closing above 3o expect 36 plus in quick time.
Aztec also made some interesting move last couple of days...a gain of 9 Ruppes. It had touched 128 in recent times and fallen back to 108. Keep an eye.
Going to be away ten days, but will log in if possible from somewhere. Will miss all of you at the forums!
Good luck to all and bye for now.

AMITBE said:
Hi all...
Almost all the scrips have moved as suggested. Now Gammon and Cummins should make their moves. Century may correct a little so try for it. It has some ways to go yet.
Sonata tried to cross 30 on friday twice. Closed a little below. At closing above 3o expect 36 plus in quick time.
Aztec also made some interesting move last couple of days...a gain of 9 Ruppes. It had touched 128 in recent times and fallen back to 108. Keep an eye.
Going to be away ten days, but will log in if possible from somewhere. Will miss all of you at the forums!
Good luck to all and bye for now.
Hi amit Nice Posts

I also having aztec.. waiting for movement.

Well thanks for your informational Posts.

Thanks
Jaspal

AMITBE

Hi Jaspal...Don't worry about Aztec...it will get to 127 and on crossing that should target it for 145 plus.
Cummins made a fantastic move today...from 135 to close at 144. Now, it had twice tried to breach 150 recently and reacted and fallen to 130. This time it should make it past that, and then expect 160 plus.
CenText made another great move past 290!
I do hope some of you paid heed to these suggestions?
We are Juniors seeking some feedback to our efforts and analysis from Seniors, you know.
Thanks.

Hi AMITBE,
Great move on Cummins,also a good move in Cen Text too----U really deserve a credit for ur call-----Don't feel bad-----We all read ur analysis very critically, -----Do plz,keep ur good work---After all --who r we to give credits or critise!!!----This infinite Nature will shower its blessings on u----And then--when u will be totally drenched in this showers of blessings----U will become a new soul----free from all these dirts and filths of this world---and only happiness and happiness will persist in ur life-----I truely am aspiring to see that day of urs soon!!!----
Regards,
joy_mitali

AMITBE

Dear Joy,
Thanks very much for your most gracious and kind words...
Perhaps I got carried away there a bit with the Junior-Senior thing. And to take your philosophy further, I should not have bothered if people did not reply, for doing what has to be done, really is the supreme motivation. It seems from the counter that quite a few people read the postings, and if some took action on the suggestions, I'm glad for it. In any case things can go terribly wrong too, so any sense of ego and pride would be and is, a lot of foolishness.
Yes, there is talk of Juniors and Seniors here. By virtue of the numbers of postings made if one is promoted, then it is merely a technical issue.
For me, the Senior especially, is one who attains that stature due to his or her quiet and modest demeanour, while retaining command over the subject. The Junior may or may not have a strong hold on the subject, but also may or may not have lot of fizz, as has been suggested by someone yesterday. Perhaps, for this reason there are deserving and undeserving members on either end.
For myself, Id rather not be shrill, and choose to be understated.
On to business:
IDBI is going to look to 120 any time now.
BOI seems to be cooling off and I hope it wont run out of steam before fulfilling its promise of 115 plus. Be cautious with it. It needs to pass 110 clearly, from what I have seen.
Centex has given another opportunity by dipping 8-9 rupees yesterday. The target of 315-320 seems very getable.
Rolta true to form is being most volatile. As I dont see a lot of down side for it, those invested need not be tense. Itll calm down and go about its target of 140 plus.
The rest are as they are: Solid scrips and on their way.
Sonata has for the past three sessions tried to get into the thirties and slipped back. A crossover into the thirties soon is very much on the cards, and as there is hardly any downside (it slips to 27 levels and quickly darts back to 29 change), one could consider taking position any time now. Quick target is 36.
Kale Consultants is another scrip to watch for. It has been bobbing up and down between 89-96, and on crossing 100 off, it would be its 52 week high. It should have a free run from there.
Thanks for now.

AMITBE

Hi all
Most scrips are on their way.
IndiaBulls I had called at 155 and after intraday 186, closed at 179.80. Target remains 200.
LICHSGFIN was called at 102, closed at 227, intraday 229.
Century Tex came back from previous close of 283 to finish at 290.60. Was called at 256. A real steal indeed it was. Heading to 310 plus.
Cummins tried to breach 149 again the other day, and still at 142.10. It has to go past 150 and no reason why it cannot. Then expect 160 plus. Had called it at 132.
GujNRECoke continues to consolidate around the 123 mark without slipping, and regularly tries to charge 129. At going past that, expect 145.
NTPC was called at 83, now at 89.30. Its a slow mover for now, but as I had first mentioned, its volumes and lack of movement reminded me of IDBI when it was at these levels. I would have been happier if NTPC had cleared 90 yesterday itself, as I feel it will pick up pace from there.
IDBI was called at 103, and after bobbing between 105-109, closed at 110.35 yesterday with huge volumes. Target remains 120.
Had mentioned Sonata again yesterday and advised entry around 29. Closed 32.15. First target 36 to 40. If one can hold, look for 50 in a few weeks.
Gammon has settled nicely to consolidate around 169-170 for a few days. A breakout is imminent. 300 is no difficulty, but at crossing 305, expect 320.
Another scrip that seems to be settling down is Godrej. In recent times it has shown a lot of volatility and has darted about between 205 to 245. For a few days now is keeping around the 230 mark which is good for it. This one seems very interesting to me at these levels. Keep an eye.
Hope Kale Consultants, 94.95 mentioned yesterday has been included on a few watch lists here. It should power up past 97.
Thanks for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Loans 4