Some clarifications sought.

hallo everybody
greetings!
i am relishing very much to be the member of this forum. i have some questions in respect of options and hope the learned members will give their expert advice. i am a novice in the stock markets and ignorant of the rules of the forums. so if anywhere i go wrong please do not mind and advise accordingly.
1. if i buy or sell a call today, can i square/ exercise the option the same day or tomorrow or any day before the expiry?
2. if my calls go out of the money after two-three-four.........days itself then i lose the premium. is that the end of my game in respect of that. but if the same call comes into the money before the expiry will it benefit me in anyway?
thanks and regards.

hallo everybody
greetings!
i am relishing very much to be the member of this forum. i have some questions in respect of options and hope the learned members will give their expert advice. i am a novice in the stock markets and ignorant of the rules of the forums. so if anywhere i go wrong please do not mind and advise accordingly.
1. if i buy or sell a call today, can i square/ exercise the option the same day or tomorrow or any day before the expiry?
2. if my calls go out of the money after two-three-four.........days itself then i lose the premium. is that the end of my game in respect of that. but if the same call comes into the money before the expiry will it benefit me in anyway?
thanks and regards.
Tarspark

1. Yes u can (square off)
2. No its not the end of yr game. U can wait till expiry

Happy Trading

By the way , if you are a novice, I wd suggest u do some simulated trading first (u know like the aircraft pilots do b4 they actually fly)

Also , do some cash trading b4 getting into derivatives .. at least a few months in my view

AGILENT:cool:

dear,
About trading in calls that are "out-of-money". Kindly watch liquidity of that call/put before u place an order these are too low (2..5) contracts sometimes, you may get struck (no buyer or seller) while the market is moving agains u
regards,
sahiii