Software Development Initiative

Re: Traderji, please consider these suggestions

murthymsr said:
Dear siva,
welcome to the developer's forum with your software.

one suggestion. you may open a new thread within the forum and make the post with attachments. this will put all the related posts at a single place for better reference by all.

regarding testers for your software, you may indicate the system requirements and other prerequisites for running your program on the tester's system.

you may also indicate whether you intend to release the software as a freeware or as a shareware or as open source.

all the best in your efforts.
murthymsr
Thanks for the suggestion, new thread is added under software section.
http://www.traderji.com/software/7261-ystock-realtime-charts-eod-downloads.html
Regards
Siva

Hello Guys..
Just landed at this forum while searching for something of my intrest... I am a software professional and works for an Indian IT company... I'd be more than happy to be involved with this dev Team.

I am also working on a offline Portfolio tracking tool (excel based) which is 90% ready as per the requirements I set earlier. I have almost automated most of the work using VB Macros.

let me know in what way I can help this team... This is indeed a great initiative... I offer my full support.

Regards
Gaurav Varshney
[email protected]

PS : let me know if anyone is intrested in knowing the features I had provided in y Portfolio managment tool.

murthymsr

... I am a software professional and works for an Indian IT company... I'd be more than happy to be involved with this dev Team.

I am also working on a offline Portfolio tracking tool (excel based) which is 90% ready as per the requirements I set earlier. I have almost automated most of the work using VB Macros.

let me know in what way I can help this team... This is indeed a great initiative... I offer my full support.
hi varsshney,

welcome to this forum where you find sharing and caring as the keywords. both yourself and the forum may be benefitted by this association.

on features expected by members, you may search this forum, where a similar question is answered by a few members.

if your portfolio is ready, you may post it in this forum to enable users to use and give suggestions.

in another post, you have requested for NSE codes & ICICI codes linkage. attached. the data is old & there could be some errors in it.

for other software developed & posted by members, you may visit the link:

http://www.traderji.com/54514-post1.html

all the best.
MurthyMSR

Last edited:
Hi all. I've a software development company in kolkata with 2-3 developers. I'm in stock market for last one year. I want to develop a TA software & for that i need help from all you seniors & friends.Thankx

I have been a member of this august forum since last two months. I have observed that this forum cosists of experts on almost all branches of stock markets. Here are my few suggestions for the benefit of all members. Traderji, please consider these suggestions seriously. All learned members of this forum may comment on or add on to what I have suggested herebelow.

Suggestion No. 1:-

This forum contains a lot of software experts. Why can't they join together and create an ULTIMATE stock charting software? I have noticed that these experts are equally good in creating software which can easily match the presently available softwares like amibroker, metastock etc. Why should we pay these foreigners, that too through our nose, if we can do it for ourselves? Traderji can easily co-ordinate our members (who are software experts) and can create a software. If it takes a few months, we donot mind. We can wait. We do recognise the efforts put by the learned members. Therefore, we do not want it free. I presume (myself definetly included) all members will be happy to pay for it. As we are creating it for ourselves, i.e. to our own family members, we can offer it at a substantial discount to the various products now available in the market.

This stock charting software should include BSE, NSE (cash and futures) and commodity price charting (MCX & NCDEX) fecilities. Both end of the day and intraday charting should be included.

All future additions and modifications can be offered to the purchasers either freely (which I prefer, keeping in mind about the motto of this forum) or for a nominal cost.

Suggestion no. 2:-

Why can't traderji offer data services (both intraday and EOD) for this proposed software? We will pay for that also. Traderji, you can offer live data at nominal cost, if you are able to do so. Of course, I donot have any idea with regard to the costs involved in purchasing the data from exchanges. If it is too costly, then at least why can't the first suggestion be considered? Or if some one else is offering, why can't traderji bargain with him for live data at a cheaper rate? As a group, definetly, we are substantial in number and can offer good bargain in purchasing live data.

Dear members please ponder over these suggestions. Your comments and contributions matters a lot. Awaiting a favourable reply and favourable response from all. Thanks a lot in advance
Hello,

I dont know... how I have missed this thread.....my dream work......treat this as my application form for admission :) ....

Although I have already suggested this project in my first post.

K S Kachhwaha

hello,
I think that first we must create plugin or addon for Metastock or other software....does someone has MDK (Metastock Developer's Kit) including API (MSFL, MSX) and other utility. I need olso DDE Server documentation for Metastock.... help me!
thank in advance

A

amarnath

Hi all,

No need to reinvent wheels again as some one said already.There is short cut for great solution for it as for as charting is concerned but we have to bear few points in mind before we progress

1. It is always prefered to have click and go model say from Installation to real tiime chart analysis ( Ease of use from scalper to swing trader even to position trader i suppose ) similar existing mode esignal

2. Retrive history and backfill from its server end and hist file should be stored on server end and client end should posses all tools only a trader need no extra utilies like plugins to select , database to correct and or to set it must be as simple as possible

3. Its better if it posses support to demo trading as well along more important functions like custom indicator support , backtesting support , and most greatly genetic optimization and testing functions etc

I am in progress in adding most active MCX , NCDEX and NSE stocks to one of such charting and trading platform ( which support trading forex and futures as well along AUTOTRADING based on strategy we implement ) but once its done i will offer beta test to all interested participants for this charting and i am expecting some help in return as contribution

1. I need a ODIN workstation with Open quotes in MS Excel option enabled with support to MCX , NCDEX to have its real time quotes to pass to a server even if NSE f&o on same odin that will be much more helpful

2. A utility that can fetch data from yahoo for NSE and offer it near real time on a excel sheet

3. A dedicated server with windows 2003 server ( current one support 10k users but i hope more user in India after its launch )

4. History file to add one time for backfill in server end

Format of data needed

time, open, high, low, close, volume

time is YYYY.MM.DD HH.MM

data time frame needed

1 min , 5 min , 15 min , 30 min , 1 hr , 4 hr , daily and weekly i am bit struggling to get history data for mcx and ncdex instruments particularly

And finally i have questions of clearing trades other than via odin for eg using own software for trading and clearing direct to exchanges is it allowed to use other than ODIN for clearing trades and still we need to hold monoploy control from them. Also its still vague issue as far as autotrading and trading Indian stocks and futures as CFDs and synthetic instruments any one here have any ideas regrading those things

ps: attached screenshot of charting and trading platform and i need above help to make it complete and to have most professional and efficient charting for Indian market ofcourse not at 100% free of cost i belive there is no free lunch correct me if i am wrong

ls give me guidance HOW to connect NSE with Internet connection.. IS REAL TIME IS Possible I am very New for Trading Please Guide me..
I have both vers of MS9 and MS8.. How to use IT
Thanks
Need HyperServer s/w
Pls give me links
NEEL

A

amarnath

Re: Traderji, please consider these suggestions

EOD Data
---------
The following EOD data can be obtained from NSE homepage for free, on a daily basis in .csv format (readily openable by Excel). No additional subscription is needed.

1. Equities Bhavcopy [Contains: NSE Symbol,Series,Open Price,High Price,Low Price, Close Price,Last Price,Previous Close Price,Total Traded Quantity,Total Traded Value for each of the scrip traded on NSE]. See http://www.nseindia.com/content/historical/EQUITIES/2006/JUL/cm06JUL2006bhav.csv to get an idea of how this looks like.

2. Derivatives Bhavcopy [Contains: Instrument Type (FUTIDX / FUTSTK / OPTIDX / OPTSTK), Underlying (NSE Symbol), Expiry Date, Strike Price (0 for Futures contracts), Option Type ('XX' for Futures contracts), Open Price, High Price, Low Price, Close Price, Settlement Price, No. of contracts traded, Contract Value (in Rs.lakhs), Open Interest, Change in Open Interest, Date]. See http://www.nseindia.com/content/historical/DERIVATIVES/2006/JUL/fo06JUL2006bhav.csv to get an idea of how this looks like.

Historical Data
--------------
All the historical bhavcopy (equity as well as derivatives) data can be downloaded in the .csv format.

In addition, historical price/volume/delivery information of every NSE symbol is available on NSE website. So is the case with all OHLC values for all indices at NSE.

Once the software development team gets started, I can extend my bit of help in downloading all the historical NSE EOD data for 2-3 years (for no cost, as long as the data from NSE is available at no cost) for use by the software development team.

I guess traderji is well aware of bhavcopy EOD and he is asking about intraday tick history not just daily OHLC data for extensive and unparalleled testing in custom backtesters and getting tick history for 2 - 5 yrs is really a very good one for testing strategies using custom backtesting utlilities but its not too easy to get error free tick history of all NSE , BSE , MCX , NCDEX instruments atleast most active instruments it cost too much really and need big support financially as well as technically to maintain such databases. Also my knowleadge too is limited on software development but i have core ideas about almost all software platforms for trading concerned . Good lucks Good trading