Soaring Markets have finally started a correction.... now what?

Just want to read everyone's opinions on the subject.
The market has started a correction post Budget Speech. The 10% LTCG is taking its toll.

For those of us (like me) sitting on cash, is this a good time to start picking out Value opportunities?
I'm looking to buy Tata Motors at 380 and Coal India at 260 levels.
Tata Motors is already there.

Unfortunately, I went over-board with one of my investments, Dena Bank. I purchased at Rs. 26... I dont mind some fluctuation, but I put in too much money into it.
Should I sell some at this level to reduce my risk? Or wait for a recovery?

How long do you all expect the market correction to continue?
Strangely enough, it seems Markets the world over are going down. Anyone aware why? Are we expecting a crash anytime soon?

manojborle

Tatamotors will correct more, a good buying should be around 300-315 levels

Wow/.... that's a big, big correction.
Will sit tight then. Can't time the market, but if further downside is there, I can hold on for a week.

DVR has a 52-week low of 200-something.
So right now, I think it should be seen as cheap, no?

What's you take on volatility in Feb-March 2018?

bashasm

I had earlier bought TaMo DVR around 212, a very small quantity, but waiting for it to dip more. I think Tatamotors will itself dip below 300, and that may be a good time to buy.
Bro Now itself Tatamotors is almost near low of 2017 ( rs 360). I am also planning to invest for long term. Shall I wait for a week of time.
Any ways will buy at every dip of 10 RS as you suggested

Another question, is it better to invest in Tata Motors or Tata Motors DVR?
They both pretty much have similar charts. What's the difference for a small investor who won't be voting anyway?

bashasm

Another question, is it better to invest in Tata Motors or Tata Motors DVR?
They both pretty much have similar charts. What's the difference for a small investor who won't be voting anyway?
One more thing I can vouch for is the Tata brand. In the long run you cannot go wrong by investing in these companies. It is better if we can time the investment