SL triggered in Sharekhan wrongly- without price reaching the trigger

dpdpdp

SimpleTrader
Dear all,

This is the third time it has happened in past two months. Here is what happened-

I am short on PC Jewellers. After an hour or so the price is at 179 odd. I move my stop loss to 181.2 based on the previous pivot.

Price starts moving up and it reaches 180.6 and strangely my SL is triggered and executed at 181.6.

The baffling thing is the chart candle High is 180.6. The price never reached even 181. And it remained below 181 till end.

How is this possible?

Even if let’s say the order was triggered by some system mistake the executed price must print on the candle right?

Last time this happened I wrote to them with screenshots and they started explaining to me what a market SL order is etc etc.

Again I have written to them with screenshots where there is a line drawn at my SL and the candles have never touched it.

Is it possible to get an order filled at a particular price which doesn’t show on the chart? I don’t think so but asking so that people can enlighten me if I am missing some crucial info here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VJAY

Dear all,

This is the third time it has happened in past two months. Here is what happened-

I am short on PC Jewellers. After an hour or so the price is at 179 odd. I move my stop loss to 181.2 based on the previous pivot.

Price starts moving up and it reaches 180.6 and strangely my SL is triggered and executed at 181.6.

The baffling thing is the chart candle High is 180.6. The price never reached even 181. And it remained below 181 till end.

How is this possible?

Even if let’s say the order was triggered by some system mistake the executed price must print on the candle right?

Last time this happened I wrote to them with screenshots and they started explaining to me what a market SL order is etc etc.

Again I have written to them with screenshots where there is a line drawn at my SL and the candles have never touched it.

Is it possible to get an order filled at a particular price which doesn’t show on the chart? I don’t think so but asking so that people can enlighten me if I am missing some crucial info here.

Dear dp,
It happens some times at pivots. actually the price also came there and hit stop....I too in my initial days seen these kind actions more in sharekhan terminal...after leaving sharekhan I not experienced it ....its not thier fault its due to chart data problem...hope you using thier chart for trading....

dpdpdp

SimpleTrader
Dear all,

How is this possible?

Dear dp,
It happens some times at pivots. actually the price also came there and hit stop....I too in my initial days seen these kind actions more in sharekhan terminal...after leaving sharekhan I not experienced it ....its not thier fault its due to chart data problem...hope you using thier chart for trading....
Dear VJAY,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I am using Sharekhan charts in trade tiger. Now it makes sense. There must have been chart data problem. I will check again in evening if the charts remain same, presently not at the workstation.

I like using tradetiger for day trading as it’s much more user friendly that either pi or ICICIDIRECT trade racer that I have used previously.

Occasionally I trade on Zerodha kite too but it’s no where near a trading app on ease of use and navigation. Purely my personal preference.

You found better terminals for trading than TradeTiger? Any recommendations if I may ask?

GENIETRADE

Each second has numerous ticks. But many of the freely available charts donot reflect all the ticks which are traded in that second. These charts only take one tick per second inspite many ticks which are traded during that second.

You need to subscribe to tick charts which are costly for accurate charting.

VJAY

Dear VJAY,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I am using Sharekhan charts in trade tiger. Now it makes sense. There must have been chart data problem. I will check again in evening if the charts remain same, presently not at the workstation.

I like using tradetiger for day trading as it’s much more user friendly that either pi or ICICIDIRECT trade racer that I have used previously.

Occasionally I trade on Zerodha kite too but it’s no where near a trading app on ease of use and navigation. Purely my personal preference.

You found better terminals for trading than TradeTiger? Any recommendations if I may ask?

Dear dp,
I am using chart of ami with NEST of zerodha for my trading purpose...am single scrip trader so its sufficient for me ....as if you are multi scrip trader better to go with any paid chart providers as GENIETRADE mentioned.....

newtrader101

Dear all,

How is this possible?

I had the same issue with Zerodha Kite today on INFY LONG. Stopped out before price actually hit that level:
http://www.traderji.com/community/threads/zerodha-part-3.89121/post-1285680

dpdpdp

SimpleTrader
Dear VJAY,

Dear dp,
I am using chart of ami with NEST of zerodha for my trading purpose...am single scrip trader so its sufficient for me ....as if you are multi scrip trader better to go with any paid chart providers as GENIETRADE mentioned.....
Dear Vjay,

I am a multi scrip trader. I use Amibroker for analysis and pull both intraday and eod data using Amiquote at end of the day.

I have used Investor in the past but their refresh is every minute and I don't prefer their charts too much.

I am evaluating trading view but they don't have NSE futures feed.

Also I use market depth also a lot so brokers trading platform comes in handy for that. I am not sure if I can see market depth in Amibroker even with a paid data feed.

Thanks for your reply. I will explore other options as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dpdpdp

SimpleTrader
This used to happen a lot when I used to trade with Karvy. I complained to NSE and they sent me a reply which basically says that the price touched my SL but did not reflect in the charts. Yeah weird. Have never experienced this with Zerodha (fingers crossed) ..
Thanks for mentioning that.

Ok, so it seems that trigger was right but the chart is not reflecting the price movement. This can be risky if I use the chart to mark SR levels, but I guess it’s not too often this happens.

Still I am now using external data and charts for reference alongside Sharekhan charts.

Dear all,

How is this possible?

Hey! We'll surely look into this for you. Kindly share your contact number and customer ID so that we can connect with you for further assistance.