Site providing EOD data parsed from NSE bhav copy

Hi!
I use EOD data parsed from NSE bhav copy which I download everday to populate my quotes database. I have coded perl scripts which does the downloading, parsing and updating the quotes database automatically.

I am thinking of setting up a site that will provide EOD data similar to Yahoo.
I will have to modify my scripts and do certain other modifications and configurations.
I am willing to do it, if there are any takers for this idea.

Please respond!

Regards!

Hi Trader9

Very good thinking for providng the EOD data. In this way you would help many in this forum who are looking for reliable EOD data as Yahoo sometimes have corrections or have missed data.

Go ahead & your site would be hitting my many forum members. God bless you

James
Trend is your friend, FOLLOW it

jamesalex_us said:
Hi Trader9

Very good thinking for providng the EOD data. In this way you would help many in this forum who are looking for reliable EOD data as Yahoo sometimes have corrections or have missed data.

Go ahead & your site would be hitting my many forum members. God bless you

James
Trend is your friend, FOLLOW it
Thanks for your encouragement. God bless us all!

I am working on it. But I am facing a problem concerning adjustments to be made to the data (price and volume) due to bonus, split, reverse split etc.
List of scrips with details about the above mentioned adjustments, the dates on which they started trading ex-bonus, ex-split etc. would be welcome.

Any help will most certainly be appreciated.

Regards!

Hi Trader9,

I also maintain a database with data downloaded automatically from NSE's website. I am building a charting website (see attached sample chart image). I am yet to create scripts to deal with splits etc but will share with you any ideas that I get.

Currently I am building sentiment indicators like ARMS Index (TRIN), Adv-Dec line, McClellan Oscillator, McClellan Summation Index etc.

Glad to see there is someone here with whom I can share ideas.

--SwingTrader

Hi! swingtrader
Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for your offer of help.

Concerning splits and other adjustments, how do you manage to graph the stock price movement without correcting them for any adjustments.
Without the correction, plotting technical indicators will be erroneous.

Always willing to share ideas.

Regards!

Hi Swing Trader and Trader9,
I am also in your path for quite sometme.Though new in this arena for only a year,
I have gathered significant knowledge.I have made a small utility for both stk trading and option trading which gives me all the possible profit/loss finally obtainable after considering brokerage.I have also made a option Calc.I also used to down load the NSE Bhavcopy everyday,but now I take the Minute by minute Ticklist from thepowerIndia bulls software.Can u hlp me with EXCEL and VBA scripts(or some guidelines either in C++ or JAVA) for making a
single chart which should contain Fibonacci Lines along with Candlestick charting with Darvas Boxesvolume-stk price indicator.
I do not have the idea about the splits and corrections for adjutments.Can u plz hlp me?
One more request for sharing(if u hv no problem) ur knowledge regarding how to Auto dwnld from NSE site and then auto update the quotes database present in Excel.
Hope nature blesses u both for ur good work.------joy_mitali

trader9,

Yes, you are right. without splits & other adjustments the charting of the data would be wrong, but I had kept that part of the programming for future. I wanted to get building of the charts out of the way first.

I have still not thought out the adjustments completely but the basic idea in my mind was to record splits & other adjustments in a separate place and then re-adjust the data prior to the splits. Eg. if the split is a 1:2 for a particular then I would record it in somplace (in a table in database) and then adjust past price & volume data accordingly. I still have to work out many details. I haven't yet come up with a complete plan.

Will let you know more as things move. Please update us on your progress too.

--ST

trader9 said:
Hi! swingtrader
Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for your offer of help.

Concerning splits and other adjustments, how do you manage to graph the stock price movement without correcting them for any adjustments.
Without the correction, plotting technical indicators will be erroneous.

Always willing to share ideas.

Regards!

joy_mitali said:
Hi Swing Trader and Trader9,
I am also in your path for quite sometme.Though new in this arena for only a year,
I have gathered significant knowledge.I have made a small utility for both stk trading and option trading which gives me all the possible profit/loss finally obtainable after considering brokerage.I have also made a option Calc.I also used to down load the NSE Bhavcopy everyday,but now I take the Minute by minute Ticklist from thepowerIndia bulls software.Can u hlp me with EXCEL and VBA scripts(or some guidelines either in C++ or JAVA) for making a
single chart which should contain Fibonacci Lines along with Candlestick charting with Darvas Boxesvolume-stk price indicator.
I do not have the idea about the splits and corrections for adjutments.Can u plz hlp me?
One more request for sharing(if u hv no problem) ur knowledge regarding how to Auto dwnld from NSE site and then auto update the quotes database present in Excel.
Hope nature blesses u both for ur good work.------joy_mitali

I mainly program in Java & PHP, sometimes in Perl or Python. I am not very familiar with Excel VBA programming. If you need help with Java, I can help. Let me know what exactly you want to know. Building a chart is with fibonacci etc will take time & effort, it is better if you can find any free tools to chart. I will let you know if I find something.

My auto data download & update to db scripts are written in PHP (as is my chart building program). I use PostgreSQL as the database. As for using Excel as a database you might find many Java-Excel APIs on the internet.

Stick around, I will be posting my scripts as they get ready. Still working on splits & other adjustments.

--SwingTrader

swingtrader,

I am using perl as the programming language. I use qtstalker as my technical analysis software. Hence I had programmed some scripts in perl to enable me to update the quotes.

I am also in the process of modifying geniustrader (a perl based stock charting software) for online stock graphs. (This is purely for my personal needs)

I am aiming to provide an alternative to Yahoo quote service hence the need for info on splits etc.