Site providing EOD data parsed from NSE bhav copy

Hi! joy_mitali
joy_mitali said:
Hi Swing Trader and Trader9,
I am also in your path for quite sometme.Though new in this arena for only a year,
I have gathered significant knowledge.I have made a small utility for both stk trading and option trading which gives me all the possible profit/loss finally obtainable after considering brokerage.I have also made a option Calc.I also used to down load the NSE Bhavcopy everyday,but now I take the Minute by minute Ticklist from thepowerIndia bulls software.Can u hlp me with EXCEL and VBA scripts(or some guidelines either in C++ or JAVA) for making a
single chart which should contain Fibonacci Lines along with Candlestick charting with Darvas Boxesvolume-stk price indicator.
I do not have the idea about the splits and corrections for adjutments.Can u plz hlp me?
One more request for sharing(if u hv no problem) ur knowledge regarding how to Auto dwnld from NSE site and then auto update the quotes database present in Excel.
Hope nature blesses u both for ur good work.------joy_mitali
I really cannot help you on Excel and VBA scripts as I use OpenOffice and I am on Linux OS (No Windozzzzzzzzing for me)

I can point you towards AnalyzerXL. It is plugin or add-in for technical analysis in Excel. There are many tech indicators to work with. Try it out. You will like it. I haven't tried it though.

Also I have automated NSE bhav copy download in perl but not for excel.

Regards!

To Trader9 and SwingTrader,
Thanks for ur early responses.If u can provide the algorithm (Lang independent)or even the pearl code(from which I will try to decipher)
regarding how to Auto dwnld from NSE site and then auto update the quotes database present in Excel,I will be highly obliged to u both.-joy_mitali

trader9 said:
swingtrader,

I am using perl as the programming language. I use qtstalker as my technical analysis software. Hence I had programmed some scripts in perl to enable me to update the quotes.

I am also in the process of modifying geniustrader (a perl based stock charting software) for online stock graphs. (This is purely for my personal needs)

I am aiming to provide an alternative to Yahoo quote service hence the need for info on splits etc.
Any idea where on NSE's website can we get information on splits & other adjustments? I looked around but couldn't find it.

--ST

Hi Swingtrader, Mitaly and Trader 9,
You all appear to be working on excellent ideas. During a visit to BSE, I spoke to their chief business officer but it is huge organisation and things would definetly improve, though teir BSEWEBX is doing well. I am a novice in trading fieldand my visit to BSE was in another context.
I am also facing problems in auto downloading as NSE server is not allowing auto downloader. Yahoo data servers are efficient and can be autodownloaded with programmes like amiquote and others but they provide the data next day and only for 200 days which may be insuffieint. If you study Metalib, you will get a fairly good idia of splittting and adjustment for bonus and devidend, etc. Yahoo also gives a good idea of it. Microsoft have also provided downloder for msn money central and stock analyser but Indian stock market is too small into their scheme of things.Excel is an excellent tool for querring and updating spreadsheets but a long and tedious process.
Can any one of you help in sharing your auto downloder tools or techniques. Though one would find it but it would be hit and run.
Thanks and regards.

junky said:
Hi Swingtrader, Mitaly and Trader 9,
You all appear to be working on excellent ideas. During a visit to BSE, I spoke to their chief business officer but it is huge organisation and things would definetly improve, though teir BSEWEBX is doing well. I am a novice in trading fieldand my visit to BSE was in another context.
I am also facing problems in auto downloading as NSE server is not allowing auto downloader. Yahoo data servers are efficient and can be autodownloaded with programmes like amiquote and others but they provide the data next day and only for 200 days which may be insuffieint. If you study Metalib, you will get a fairly good idia of splittting and adjustment for bonus and devidend, etc. Yahoo also gives a good idea of it. Microsoft have also provided downloder for msn money central and stock analyser but Indian stock market is too small into their scheme of things.Excel is an excellent tool for querring and updating spreadsheets but a long and tedious process.
Can any one of you help in sharing your auto downloder tools or techniques. Though one would find it but it would be hit and run.
Thanks and regards.
Please send me your email address, I will send you my scripts with brief explanation. My email address is skurdukar at gmail.com

joy_mitali, I had sent you these files few days ago (emailed to your joy_mitali yahoo email address). did u get them?

--SwingTrader

swingtrader said:
Any idea where on NSE's website can we get information on splits & other adjustments? I looked around but couldn't find it.

--ST
To answer my own question - I found the place where splits & other adjustments are on nse's website. It is located under Corporates -> Corprates Action Search menu option. You will get to a page where if you select Ex-Date option and enter dates you will get the details of splits, bonuses etc.

Now comes the question - how to parse this data and adjust the historical data accordingly. I will give this a good thought and come up with robust logic. This will have to thought over and designed carefully because this has the potential to mess up the historical data if the logic is wrong :) .

trader9 or anyone, let me know if you have any suggestions.

--SwingTrader

swingtrader said:
To answer my own question - I found the place where splits & other adjustments are on nse's website. It is located under Corporates -> Corprates Action Search menu option. You will get to a page where if you select Ex-Date option and enter dates you will get the details of splits, bonuses etc.
--SwingTrader
Thanks for the above info on splits and other adjustments.
I plan to start coding as soon as possible. I do have set up a free hosting site for the quote service.

swingtrader said:
Now comes the question - how to parse this data and adjust the historical data accordingly. I will give this a good thought and come up with robust logic. This will have to thought over and designed carefully because this has the potential to mess up the historical data if the logic is wrong :)
Adjusting historical data will be straight forward keeping in mind the ex-date and the adjustment factor.

Anyways Thanks once again
Regards!

swingtrader

I managed to parse the downloaded csv file to search for splits, bonuses, sub-
divisions etc.

I have attached the file containing the data.
Please check whether there is any mistake in the data as the list of Companies seems short.
I can then modify my scripts for adjustments.

Regards!

Hi swing trader,
Hi SwingTrader,

Strange!!!! I have not received the code till date.Plz,if u send it once more in this id:[email protected], I will be obliged to u.

ur gmail-id seems to be not responding from rediffmail!!

Thanks again for sending the code even though I have not received it.
For further communication ,plz communicate in this id.
Regards,
joy_mitali

Last edited:
trader9 said:
swingtrader

I managed to parse the downloaded csv file to search for splits, bonuses, sub-
divisions etc.

I have attached the file containing the data.
Please check whether there is any mistake in the data as the list of Companies seems short.
I can then modify my scripts for adjustments.

Regards!
The list seems to be okay, it will only contain list of companies that went thru' splits/bonuses etc so it should be short. This is my opinion. Let me know if you run into problems. I will be going thru' the same exercise for my database today or tomorrow.

--ST