SIP Date

Votes: 2 18.2%

Votes: 2 18.2%

Votes: 3 27.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
SIP Date + Lump Sum VS SIP investment in Tax Saving

I know its very hard to time the investment in mutual funds by selecting a specific date for SIP.But still since we have to choose a SIP date given in the form.I am just curious what all others members had opted for..!

I request all the members who opted for SIP to respond by selecting the date given in the poll.And If there is a specific reason to it please reply.

And finally the last request,Is it good to go for SIP in Tax saving plans as they come with 3 year lock in period and return on last sip only comes after 1 year of the first sip invested across a period of 12 months.Is Lump Sum Investment Better in case of Tax saving?

Last edited:
As far as first part of your query is concerned - perhaps, no one can time the beneficial SIP date. But now you can invest online as per your convenience from home itself without any load. This way you can always see when the market closes down u can invest upto 3.p.m.

I cannot comment on the second part.

Re: SIP Date + Lump Sum VS SIP investment in Tax Saving

I know its very hard to time the investment in mutual funds by selecting a specific date for SIP.But still since we have to choose a SIP date given in the form.I am just curious what all others members had opted for..!

I request all the members who opted for SIP to respond by selecting the date given in the poll.And If there is a specific reason to it please reply.

And finally the last request,Is it good to go for SIP in Tax saving plans as they come with 3 year lock in period and return on last sip only comes after 1 year of the first sip invested across a period of 12 months.Is Lump Sum Investment Better in case of Tax saving?
Rightly said that its very difficult to time mkt. I think the decision about date of SIP is purely personal & the only factor guiding it shud be AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS IN UR ACC. ON THAT DATE, each month.
I personally do not go for SIP in ELSS.
mr india

From my limited experience, I feel SIPs in the last week of each month tend to give the highest returns.

There was also a TV show (I don't re-collect the name) which proved that investments made on 25th get the highest returns. This was done by collecting the NAVs and prices on all days of the month and calculating the net worth for each day. The whole exercise was calculated over a 3 year period.

bandlab2

From my limited experience, I feel SIPs in the last week of each month tend to give the highest returns.

There was also a TV show (I don't re-collect the name) which proved that investments made on 25th get the highest returns. This was done by collecting the NAVs and prices on all days of the month and calculating the net worth for each day. The whole exercise was calculated over a 3 year period.
is this due to FnO expiry ? are you talking about indian markets ?