Simple Coding Help - No Promise.

Thank you @AmiFan for bringing this up.

No
they DO NOT get mad when you use "Scrip" ,
Rather they may (but Not so far) get mad if you use "Script" instead of "Scrip".
"Scrip" is NOT Slang, IT IS as Standard & Authentic as "symbol", "stock", "ticker" or "security.
But "Script" is WRONG USAGE for "symbol", "stock", "ticker" or "security.

Thank you , Regards.
I disagree, it is not Standard & Authentic, it is used improperly as a slang word.

upload_2017-10-31_6-25-11.png

I disagree, it is not Standard & Authentic, it is used improperly as a slang word.

View attachment 23216
Man!!!!!! ,Read again my post above !!!!!! thats exactly what Im saying >>>>>>>Pay special attention to Color Coding ,I knew one will confuse, thats exactly why 've color coded the two words >>>>>>>Green is the STANDARD/AUTHENTIC and RED is wrong Usage.

P.S.
And if you still dont get it ,
SCRIP --------> Standard & Authentic Usage for Symbol,Stock,Ticker,Security etc

SCRIPT --------> It is not even Slang, IT IS WRONG Usage for Symbol,Stock,Ticker,Security etc

So im saying exactly what you and your Dictionary are trying to say !!!!!!!
and yet you say you disagree, man im amused!!!!!!

Last edited:
You are funny!! Explanation points, color coded ALL CAPITALS, :facepalm:

Yes I misread your post, OK? I hope that makes you happy.

More importantly the question by John in the earlier post needs an answer and I think he can try this bit of code,

// forum question about summing Volume in range of AA window
// your question uses Monthly dates but those are not all trading days
DaysInRange = Cum( Status( "barinrange" ) ); // calculate the trading days (bars) within the range
TotalVol = Sum( V, DaysInRange ); // sum the volume of that most recent number of days

And as for Lovee, I have lived and worked in London and the USA and never heard one person refer to a stock/futures/FX trade using the "scrip" term so common on Indian chat forums. They have multiple 24 hour TV stations covering the financial markets and I've watched thousands of hours of those stations. How often did I hear them use "scrip"? Never. Not once. Ever.

So it may be correct by the dictionary but most traders in the largest financial markets in the world do not use the term. And after interacting with you I now understand why the Amibroker forum seems to dislike posts like yours.

You are funny!! Explanation points, color coded ALL CAPITALS, :facepalm:

More importantly the question by John in the earlier post needs an answer and I think he can try this bit of code,

DaysInRange = Cum( Status( "barinrange" ) ); // calculate the trading days (bars) within the range
TotalVol = Sum( V, DaysInRange ); // sum the volume of that most recent number of days
Thank You for the above code, so silly of me, I was hellbent on SumSince() , thank you for showing the right way.
The rest of your post.... well......., as you already have demonstrated , you jump the gun and repent later, So I choose to ignore.
Anyways, i sincerely think we started off on the wrong foot, so lets start afresh,
Hi, im loveena here , how are you ? :)

travi

Good one, the Status function has some very useful arguments.

trash

Instead of Cum( Status(...) ) it is simpler to add status to Filter since Filter is required anyway.

Code:
cvol = Cum(V);
Filter = Status( "barinrange" );
AddColumn(cvol, "Cum.Volume in Range", 1 );

I am using some 3,8,15,27ema combo on my scrip.I want to make these ema's super thick.
can u provide a code for this?

_SECTION_BEGIN("Price");
SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows|chartShowDates);
_N(Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g, Hi %g, Lo %g, Close %g (%.1f%%) {{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 ) ) ));
Plot( C, "Close", ParamColor("Color", colorBlack ), styleNoTitle | ParamStyle("Style") | GetPriceStyle() );
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("EMA");
P = ParamField("Price field",-1);
Periods = Param("Periods", 15, 2, 300, 1, 10 );
Plot( EMA( P, Periods ), _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor( "Color", colorCycle ), ParamStyle("Style") );
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("EMA1");
Plot( EMA( P, Periods ), _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor( "Color", colorCycle ), ParamStyle("Style") );
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("EMA2");
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("EMA3");
_SECTION_END();

I am using some 3,8,15,27ema combo on my scrip.I want to make these ema's super thick.
can u provide a code for this?

_SECTION_BEGIN("Price");
SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows|chartShowDates);
_N(Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g, Hi %g, Lo %g, Close %g (%.1f%%) {{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 ) ) ));
Plot( C, "Close", ParamColor("Color", colorBlack ), styleNoTitle | ParamStyle("Style") | GetPriceStyle() );
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("EMA");
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("EMA1");
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("EMA2");
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("EMA3");
_SECTION_END();
Kumar, Something like this might be what you are looking for.

// Super Thick moving average line //
Periods = Param( "Periods", 10, 2, 100, 1, 10 );
LineThickness = Param( "Line Thickness", 15, 1, 100, 1 );
Plot( EMA( Close, Periods ), "Thick EMA", colorRed, styleLine , Null, Null, 0, 1, LineThickness );

Last edited: