Simple 28M high/low Band

Hello, have been tracking Nifty for a while with 28 minute averages plotted using high's and low's, the resulting averages look like a band and have been effective for Intraday trades

The upper band (28m high) acts as a resistance whereas the lower one (28minute low) acts as a support level

Your views .. :)

Hello, have been tracking Nifty for a while with 28 minute averages plotted using high's and low's, the resulting averages look like a band and have been effective for Intraday trades

The upper band (28m high) acts as a resistance whereas the lower one (28minute low) acts as a support level

Your views .. :)
Please provide some examples to comment.

As viewed in the attached chart, Nifty was struggling to cross its upper average (28 high) and was trading in a narrow range (between 28 minute high and low), A breakout from either of these can be considered for long/short position

Gives good results when used with RSI

rkkarnani

Just before 11:02 it seemed to have broken out on the long side.
Between 11:02 and 11:32 it seems to have broken southwards.
Between 11:32 and 12:02 it seems to have broken out towards Long again.
After 12:02 it gave a breakout on the downside and gave HUGE profit!!

Just what I see in the chart, very difficult to understand fully without having the actual chart and not just the Image.

Do post the rules of trading , in case you are trading it and also your results with this strategy.
Thanks for sharing!!

As viewed in the attached chart, Nifty was struggling to cross its upper average (28 high) and was trading in a narrow range (between 28 minute high and low), A breakout from either of these can be considered for long/short position

Gives good results when used with RSI

Is it 28EMI, 28SMA, or other ? Please Clarify..
This looks Promising.
gacsekar

Just before 11:02 it seemed to have broken out on the long side.
Between 11:02 and 11:32 it seems to have broken southwards.
Between 11:32 and 12:02 it seems to have broken out towards Long again.
After 12:02 it gave a breakout on the downside and gave HUGE profit!!

Just what I see in the chart, very difficult to understand fully without having the actual chart and not just the Image.

Do post the rules of trading , in case you are trading it and also your results with this strategy.
Thanks for sharing!!
Hello, I have made a few trades, tough this system looks simple its effective.

While going short, you may keep a sl at the 28 M (high) moving average, if it manages to give a close above the 28 M (high), exit from your short. The same applies to long (wherein you keep a Sl at 28 M (low).

Also, one should keep in mind the Intraday resistance and support levels (as you mentioned that I might result into flat trades)

Nifty Today faced a Intraday resistance at 5540-50, support around 5530-20

You can track the live chart at http://chartink.com/realtime/nifty.html

Hope this helps for day traders