Signing blank forms for opening demat account?

I have short listed Zeordha for opening my trading and,demat account and i like what i see ay the moment and also their customer service.

However one thing that makes me a little cautious about them is their insistence that i only sign their form and send it along with relevant documents.

Do all trading houses request people to do this or,is it,something specific to them?

SavantGarde

I have short listed Zeordha for opening my trading and,demat account and i like what i see ay the moment and also their customer service.

However one thing that makes me a little cautious about them is their insistence that i only sign their form and send it along with relevant documents.

Do all trading houses request people to do this or,is it,something specific to them?
Suggest you fill in the details on zerox copy of the form..... and then clearly copy the details on the actual form..... because due to a new regulation mistakes can't be erased with white ink and overwritten....basically form without any correction whatsoever....!!!

Also...if you are going to let Zerodha fill up the details...ask for scanned copies before they upload it to the exchanges & depository for activation....!!!

SG

Last edited:

soft_trader

Suggest you fill in the details on zerox copy of the form..... and then clearly copy the details on the actual form..... because due to a new regulation mistakes can't be erased with white ink and overwritten....basically form without any correction whatsoever....!!!

Also...if you are going to let Zerodha fill up the details...ask for scanned copies before they upload it to the exchanges & depository for activation....!!!

SG
If we are going to ask Zerodha for a scanned copy of the form, will they give it?
Bcoz, I remember somewhere in Zerodha thread that Zerodha told, that they are not going to provide the scanned copy.:mad:

SavantGarde

If we are going to ask Zerodha for a scanned copy of the form, will they give it?
Bcoz, I remember somewhere in Zerodha thread that Zerodha told, that they are not going to provide the scanned copy.:mad:
Whether, Zerodha or any broker......As a client one must know the rights, all Laws & Bye-laws.....as simple as that....just because broker says something does not mean the broker is right....these days we cannot even trust doctors for their diagnosis, let alone a broker......!!!

If what you say about not providing scanned copies but asking clients to only sign the form without filling in the details....Zerodha can get into big problem for this.....!!!

Why do people find it so difficult to read the few pages accompanying the application forms.....!!!

Personally, I have learnt one thing ALWAYS have proof of the documents submitted including application forms, correspondence, anything for that matter....believe me, it has saved me a lot of trouble in the course of business, I also have digital recorder for all phone conversations.... from last 7-8 years....whether business or friends everything is recorded.....!!!

SG

Zerodha

Thanks SG for your advice and yes, it is surely better to have some proof of things, especially when it comes to financial matters.
I usually avoid posting on other threads, but wanted to clarify your doubt...

The reason we might ask for forms not filled is because there might be small goof ups which may delay the account opening..

We have an online application form on our website..

All you have to do is fill in details as per your PAN, adress proof and upload soft copy of the proofs you are attaching.. You can request for a review, someone at Zerodha will go through the form and let you know if everything is alright.. If it is fine, you just have to print the form which comes pre printed, sign it and send it out to us...

The best way to open an account with us is this... You will have no issues with this!!!

If requested, we will send you the scan copy of the documents.. We also send a welcome letter as soon as the account is opened for you to cross verify if all the details is mentioned right...

Cheers

Thanks for your reply Zerodha. I had filled up the online form, but when I tried to take a print out of it on a normal A4 paper, alignment was all messed up with the details that I had filled up, appearing at unintended places.

Also would it be alright that if I send a one month statement of my bank account, downloaded from my netbanking account as address proof? Asking because our colony has undergone a name change a few years ago, and that name is only mentioned in my bank account details, while the ids contain older naming convention, which is known by postal staff but not by all the courier agencies and can thus cause problem in delivery of documents at a later stage.

Zerodha

Thanks for your reply Zerodha. I had filled up the online form, but when I tried to take a print out of it on a normal A4 paper, alignment was all messed up with the details that I had filled up, appearing at unintended places.

Also would it be alright that if I send a one month statement of my bank account, downloaded from my netbanking account as address proof? Asking because our colony has undergone a name change a few years ago, and that name is only mentioned in my bank account details, while the ids contain older naming convention, which is known by postal staff but not by all the courier agencies and can thus cause problem in delivery of documents at a later stage.
If you are giving the 1 month statement as address proof, just an internet statement won't do.. But if you receive email of your bank statement, you can definitely print it and send it out... Email statements are good because they will have bank logo on it...

Internet statement from SBI has its logo as well as other details, i dont get email statement from them.

Guess i will just attach voter id and request you guys to keep the communication address as the new updated one, which i guess ought to be possible?

Zerodha

Internet statement from SBI has its logo as well as other details, i dont get email statement from them.

Guess i will just attach voter id and request you guys to keep the communication address as the new updated one, which i guess ought to be possible?
Should be possible, send an email to [email protected], so that someone can call you back and ensure there is no confusion...