SH's 315 Strategy - how to use if effectively

Has any one got any figures of Success/Failure rate?
Any ideas on maximum drawdowns? biggest wins and losses?
Backtest data for calendar year 2011, only taking short trades. Long trades ignored. Total 1454.35 points using Spot NIFTY. Biggest win was 438.3 points. Biggest loss was -128.9 points. 12 winning trades & 8 losing.

Will start doing backtest for year 2012(Both long and short trades). Will start tomorrow and finish it in a week. I request you to do manual backtest as well by glancing at chart and we can cross-check. Make 8 clomuns.
  1. S.No.
  2. Entry Date
  3. Entry Price
  4. Exit Date
  5. Exit Price
  6. Long/Short
  7. Profit/Loss
  8. Remarks

Yes they should be counted. It was just my style of trading as I wasn't taking long trades as I was only using futures for hedging.

You have the answer in your post itself :). Basically wait till 3:25 / 3:27. The trading price at that time will be more or less the closing price of the day. You can decide to enter based on the values at that time. Don't switch to lower level timeframes. EOD timeframe at 3:27 will do.
One more doubt. Do I need to consider crossover happens in mid day or I should look it only by 3:27.

Reason I am asking this question is, EMA is calculated on close price. As we take LTP as close price before EOD, crossover will change based on the LTP.

Today ITC Nov future
Open - 287.05
High - 287.7
Low - 284.8

When LTP was 285.5 and used as close price cross over doesn't happen. Now LTP is 286.5 and crossover happens. What if in another half hour price goes down to 285.5 again. This means crossover doesn't happen right?

As I did math, until 285.9 of close price crossover doesn't happen if close is above 285.9 crossover happens. So what if now the LTP price is 286.5 and EOD closes at 285.9 or less?

Last edited:

gunsho

One more doubt. Do I need to consider crossover happens in mid day or I should look it only by 3:27.

Reason I am asking this question is, EMA is calculated on close price. As we take LTP as close price before EOD, crossover will change based on the LTP.

Today ITC Nov future
Open - 287.05
High - 287.7
Low - 284.8

When LTP was 285.5 and used as close price cross over doesn't happen. Now LTP is 286.5 and crossover happens. What if in another half hour price goes down to 285.5 again. This means crossover doesn't happen right?

As I did math, until 285.9 of close price crossover doesn't happen if close is above 285.9 crossover happens. So what if now the LTP price is 286.5 and EOD closes at 285.9 or less?
Logic is simple. Check only at/near close of the day (3.27) or next day morning if we want to trade with the exact EOD close. This method on a daily timeframe, do not need to be monitored intraday :)