SH's 315 Strategy - how to use if effectively

mangup

My observation to reduce whipsaw -

1. If we are in buy position & sell cross over comes (Let's say Day 1), to take sell position below two conditions must get fullfilled.
a. Day 2's close must be below Day 1's low AND
b. Check closing price of day 1. If it is not below 34 EMA then wait for day 2 to close below 34 EMA.

2. If we are in Sell position & buy cross over comes (Let's say Day 1), to take buy position below two conditions must get fullfilled.
a. Day 2's close must be above Day 1's high AND
b. Check closing price of day 1. If it is not above 34 EMA then wait for day 2 to close above 34 EMA.

I know this will slightly delay the entry to next day (which is not in 315 rule).

I have not backtested this as i don't know how to backtest it. Any one expert here kindly backtest it & check whether this improves the trading method.

I think this will greatly reduce the whipsaw.

Pl comment.

Last edited:

columbus

89ema a fibo number seems to be appropriate. Whipsows are frequent when 3, 15 and 89 ema lines are very near to each other. Seniors to backtest and confirm .
Personally I feel 3 is quite sensitive to price movements and 89 is too
high.

Columbusji

Though ema 89 is high, the reason to monitor this indicator is to get early warning of whipsaws in 315 strategy. This can be used as additional filters to avoid losses due to more whipsaws like experienced during last week.

Re: intraday technique

IS Anybody uisng this technique posted by pride and if there are uisng how much profit they are monthly in nifty and stocks
please post your reply here

http://www.traderji.com/day-trading/29798-prides-intra-day-strategy-profit-everyday.html

http://www.traderji.com/day-trading/54907-indicator-free-stress-free-trading.html
Hi manjane,
thank you for posting a very useful link, which, in my opinion(not experience) work very well. Thanks a lot.:)

But Pride,
in the last post of yours in that thread you confused me, you have mentioned that you have stopped trading using this system and moved on to some higher end cars:annoyed: I dint understand Y?? kindly tell me is it safe in to-days market to trade using your system, which in my opinion suits me fine and I think it is the BEST.

rajsumi121

i use 7-34 ema to trade .. very less whipsaws ..please check .

gauharjk

The daily candle has touched 3ema... Time to reenter... :)

tanewbie

315 ema record frm end June till date

HTML:
date	        signal   profit(loss)	
27-Jun-11	buy	166.00 	
18-Jul-11	sell	(52.00)	
19-Jul-11	buy	(56.00)	
20-Jul-11	sell	(76.00)	
22-Jul-11	buy	(71.00)	
27-Jul-11	sell	  60.00 	current trade

total		        (29.00)