SH's 315 Strategy - how to use if effectively

rkkarnani

Thanks Vinst, it was a blunder on my part!! Had just checked no Red Candle and was happy. Yes indeed there was a Sell signal yesterday!! Thanks to SH, I exited my longs!!!
Shall now wait ofr a long signal to go long again as I am not going short becoz of trading the ACC cash,.

Re: 315 Explorer for Metastock

Hi Karanm,

Use the following to create a new Explorer System in Metastock :

Code:
For Up Signal : Cross(Mov(CLOSE, 3, E),Mov(CLOSE, 15, E)) 
-- E Stands for Exponential Moving Average. If you want to use Simple Averages than replace E by S.

For Down Signal : Cross(Mov(CLOSE, 15, E),Mov(CLOSE, 3, E))

and In Filter Column Write  : Cross(Mov(CLOSE, 3, E),Mov(CLOSE, 15, E)) OR Cross(Mov(CLOSE, 15, E),Mov(CLOSE, 3, E))
Hope this will solve your problem of Automated Solution for 315 Crossover. For any other query you can ask the question here or PM me.
Sir thanks for the explorer formula, can you please provide me formula of Expert Advisor also which can give a Buy Arrow when ever 3EMA cross 15EMA
from below and Sell Arrow when ever 3EMA cross 15EMA from above on EOD Data.
Regards
Karanm

Sir, I want to trade with 315 Statergy of yours but can not understand how to Enter & Exit a Trade. When we Trade with EOD Data, I understand that we will take only one Trade in a day, that will be only Reversal of the on going Trade. Sir, Kindly explain in detail how to Enter & Exit while Trading in Nifty futures with your 315 Statergy, I will be highly obliged.
Regards
Karanm
Sir, Kindly explain how to Enter & Exit a Trade. When we Trade with EOD Data, I understand that we will take only one Trade in a day as we are trading with EOD Data.
Regards
Karanm

Hi Karan - Please read the thread from the start, I have explained rules of entry, exit and re-entry very clearly with charts in the initial pages on this thread.

Cheers
SH
Sir,Thanks
I would request you for some Statergy in which We use EOD Data and after taking the First Trade, We just SAR and trade only once a day.
I want to trade Nifty futures with EOD Data and expect app. 2000 Points in a year (315 Statergy gave more than 4600 Points in 2009)
Kindly guide me and help.
Regards
Karanm

Sir,Thanks
I would request you for some Statergy in which We use EOD Data and after taking the First Trade, We just SAR and trade only once a day.
I want to trade Nifty futures with EOD Data and expect app. 2000 Points in a year (315 Statergy gave more than 4600 Points in 2009)
Regards
Karanm
Karan - Sorry I am really confused with your request. 315 works on SAR, trades are minimum maximum once a day (if you ignore the 3 EMA not touching candle trade) and deliver good profit.

I am not sure why you are still asking for another system? Please stick to 315 and mint money.

Cheers
SH

Karan - Sorry I am really confused with your request. 315 works on SAR, trades are minimum maximum once a day (if you ignore the 3 EMA not touching candle trade) and deliver good profit.

I am not sure why you are still asking for another system? Please stick to 315 and mint money.

Cheers
SH
Sir, Thanks once again.
I have informed you earlier also that I want to Trade with your 315 Statergy.
I want to Trade with EOD Data and would like to trade only once a day.
Sir, I once again request you to explain me in datail with example how to Enter & Exit Trades taken with your 315 Statergy (ignoring the 3 EMA not touching candle trade), Sir for example, kindly take Data of January 2009.
I would be highly obliged for all your guidance.
Regards
Karanm

columbus

vinst

Sir,Thanks
Regards
Karanm
karanm,
4600 points in one year is very good. Do not try to back test 2009 as that was exceptionally trendy year. Try backtest from 1996 to 2003 when mkts were not trending for a large duration of time in any one direction. And why don't you want to use 3ema gap rules? It gives additional benefit. But if you have serious limitations with respect to that, you can have a look at :

http://www.traderji.com/futures/16351-nifty-futures-mechanical-trading.html

regards,
vin