SH's 315 Strategy - how to make it more comfortable and profitable!!

rh6996

rkk, Just curious... why did you suggest to book partial profit yesterday!! You had talked of discipline and yet suggested to book profit!! Dont mean to be offending!!

sanjosedesi

Thinking aloud :

We already know at what levels the crossover takes place... can be switch to lower time frame charts with same 315 crossover and enter a trade... we keep the trade if the crossover is confirmed by close or exit!! May be we get an early entry!! I suggest to check 30 minutes TF... we are to look for contra to existing direction in EOD!!
RKK, I was pointed to your thread by either timepass or T1, a couple of weeks back. Started going through it now ... and wow ... what you have listed above is what I was trying to pilot. My thoughts were to enter trades on daily charts and switch to hourly charts if and only if the EMAs are too close to each other or they were almost flat. Also, rather than sticking to 3/15 for hourly, I was thinking of increasing their range just a bit to 5/20 or something similar because the whiplashes in hourly could also be present, and adding a few hours at least brings these values "somewhat" closer to 3/15 daily. And if hourly is also flat ... just exit the trade and get back into the trade when hourly forms a trend.

Of course, none of this is backtested. Will go through other posts now !!

Satyen

Hi
All as this thread is meant to improve 315 cross over ....

Instead of taking all the cross we can take selective ones which have high probable of sucsess full break out ,
or we can enter after a cross over for that we have to look

1-Price patterns before the Cross Over

2- Price patterns During Cross over

3- Price patterns after the Cross over

Please share if have any ideas on it

Regards

rh6996

Hi
All as this thread is meant to improve 315 cross over ....

Instead of taking all the cross we can take selective ones which have high probable of sucsess full break out ,
or we can enter after a cross over for that we have to look

1-Price patterns before the Cross Over

2- Price patterns During Cross over

3- Price patterns after the Cross over

Please share if have any ideas on it

Regards
Satyen, How to decide which ones will have high probability of successful breakout??? Being "selective" would almost mean "speculative"!!! Our selection/speculation may prove correct or may not prove correct. So better trade with discipline rather than drawing lots for which b/o to take.
Your suggestion to look for price patterns before and after seems a good idea.. however I find that with new suggestions by SH on exits makes this a Profitable strategy!!! I know that 315 in its rawest form is not profitable!!