SH's 315 Strategy - how to make it more comfortable and profitable!!

NTrader42

Advantage with this new exit/re-entry for Shorts +346.60 and for longs +114.05 is what the excel sheet is showing

Lots of manual work (copy/paste), so prone to a few mistakes, will upload the sheet after 3.30, so others can verify and correct the mistakes.

There is a clear advantage specially with short trades.

rkkarnani

Thanks RK

This was very useful, made 2 formulas 1 for long and 1 for short

=IF(AND((B3 < B2), (B4 < B3)),"Exit Long","Hold Long")
=IF(AND((B3 > B2), (B4 > B3)),"Exit Short","Hold Short")

Will upload the modified sheet after some time, formula is working but need to manually paste the formula as per long/short.
Uploading modified Excel Sheet.. hopefully I entered the formula correctly. :p

Last edited:

rkkarnani

Moreover, advantages of trading intraday using a 30 min chart gives the following advantages..!!

1. Volatilty will not eat up as in 5 min or lower timeframes...

2. Reduced no of calls.. generally one through this strategy..

3. And as per my analysis, this strategy gives 30 points in 7 out of 10 calls..!!
Could you by any chance specify the ESL (Entry SL) and TSL (Trailing SL) for this 30 min TF?? Or we simply reverse as in case of EOD!

jallanankit

Could you by any chance specify the ESL (Entry SL) and TSL (Trailing SL) for this 30 min TF?? Or we simply reverse as in case of EOD!
Wat i m trying to analyse is something like this..

NO SL orders are placed..

We exit an INTRADAY trade when 10 min goes contrary to 30 min direction, once the trade from 30 min is initiated..!!

The prob here I find, is how to re-enter the trade coz 10 min individually on 3 15 gives a lot of whips..!!

rkkarnani

Wat i m trying to analyse is something like this..

NO SL orders are placed..

We exit an INTRADAY trade when 10 min goes contrary to 30 min direction, once the trade from 30 min is initiated..!!

The prob here I find, is how to re-enter the trade coz 10 min individually on 3 15 gives a lot of whips..!!
Well, my view: It will not remain simple if we need to refer to 2 TF charts!! But no harm in trying... someone may come up with a better solution!!

rkkarnani

Modified Excel with 3EMA 2 days exit/re-enter results

Thanks
This is an excellent piece of work!!! Very well done!!! :thumb: :clap: :clapping:
Request SH to have a look and post his comments whether or not what you have placed before all of us here is what SH has in mind for Exits an reentries!!

Modified Excel with 3EMA 2 days exit/re-enter results

Thanks
Good work with Excel....

I have just checked the last swing and it seems fine.

The net result shows that in the last 16 months, by using this new exit strategy, the overall profits went up by 450 points.....

I will leave it upto you if you would like to use this new exit policy to enhance the profits of the original 315.

Point to note is that number of trades go up hence the brokerage paid for those extra trades needs to be deducted from the 450 points...

Cheers
SH

NTrader42

Hello

All the Thanks goes to SH for the system & the suggested improvements and RKK for giving us ready-to-use raw data with all the trades and EMA, without which this analysis would have takes a few days to complete.

Thanks