SH's 315 Strategy - how to make it more comfortable and profitable!!

rkkarnani

Thanks NTrader42 for posting the Original Strategy and important posts from SH a few posts below!!
Though the Heading of this thread tells the purpose of this thread... there is a hidden agenda too : To save the "original thread" from avoidable clutter that we tend to post there giving our suggestions to avoid/minimise whips etc.
I do believe that anyone following the Original strategy with discipline and Exit,adds and reversals as per rules can make good money! I am listing below what comes to my mind and also a few rules I am following but let me assure you in the end its the "trader" that will decide how much he earns out of the original or the tweaked strategy!!
I feel we should aim to primarily make the strategy more "comfortable" to trade and Profits would automatically follow!!
Need Good wishes from the "Creater of the original 315 : SH" !!

Last edited:

rkkarnani

One thing that makes me comfortable using this strategy is to take a position on the Next day of the crossover : On breach of the High/Low of the crossover day. This makes my entry a bit costly but also a bit comfortable too! If the market continues to rise next day , say after a Sell crossover, one can think of Selling at higher levels thus minimising Loss in case of a Whiplash!!

rkkarnani

Thinking aloud :

We already know at what levels the crossover takes place... can be switch to lower time frame charts with same 315 crossover and enter a trade... we keep the trade if the crossover is confirmed by close or exit!! May be we get an early entry!! I suggest to check 30 minutes TF... we are to look for contra to existing direction in EOD!!

One thing that makes me comfortable using this strategy is to take a position on the Next day of the crossover : On breach of the High/Low of the crossover day. This makes my entry a bit costly but also a bit comfortable too! If the market continues to rise next day , say after a Sell crossover, one can think of Selling at higher levels thus minimising Loss in case of a Whiplash!!
One can think of taking position in IN THE MONEY options on the day of crossover and switch to Futures later.
Thinking aloud :

We already know at what levels the crossover takes place... can be switch to lower time frame charts with same 315 crossover and enter a trade... we keep the trade if the crossover is confirmed by close or exit!! May be we get an early entry!! I suggest to check 30 minutes TF... we are to look for contra to existing direction in EOD!!
I appreciate your effort in starting this new thread to maximize the profitability of the 315 method, but the above posts seems to be Ideas and not a Backtested strategy.

rkkarnani

I appreciate your effort in starting this new thread to maximize the profitability of the 315 method, but the above posts seems to be Ideas and not a Backtested strategy.
You are absolutly correct!! These are simply ideas and not back tested!
I dont know How to? We need a concerted effort to find out!! Maybe the original is the best!!! :D

I have been seeing smaller time frames and the cross on smaller time frames happen much earlier than on daily time frame. Some times the cross even happens a few times up and down before the daily is confirmed.

Thinking aloud :

rkkarnani

I have been seeing smaller time frames and the cross on smaller time frames happen much earlier than on daily time frame. Some times the cross even happens a few times up and down before the daily is confirmed.
Good to knw others are also having similar ideas!! Did you see how would it work if we look at "only contra trends" to EOD trends in smaller TF!!

From my experience so far, it also works on hourly time frames. But it works the best on daily. Hourly time frames has a lot of whipsaws. But on trending waves can give good profits in a short time.

For example, on SGX nifty, current cross over it gave a short entry near 5200 and it is still running.

Good to knw others are also having similar ideas!! Did you see how would it work if we look at "only contra trends" to EOD trends in smaller TF!!

Satyen

Good thread Rk Sir , Some time 315 gives Whipsaw 3/4 times consecutivesly , can we do something to minimise loss in this case ?

Please Write something on Initial Stop loss other than crossover in opposit direction ..

Something on High probable Cross over also , like one is after 3 consecutive loss in 315 method 4th or 5th one generally give a trend

Regards
Satya