SH's 315 Strategy - how to make it more comfortable and profitable!!

prst

i feel the strategy is very much suited for positional traders..
we should wait for close at eod. if crossoever happens, then buy next day morning at opening price..
you may give away some profits but you wont jump into a trade that was not there..

rkkarnani

Absolutely right .... . Day trading with 315 is absolutely a no-no.... And why trade on a intraday basis with this strategy when you get astounding returns on EOD with 315
Shantanu, Whenever you get time can you for the benefit of all post the 315 Rules that you follow that gives you 'astounding returns"!! Few others and me are still trying to cope with the midway exits and entires and also Adds!!! Do you follow any 'fixed' rules for exits at 3EMA not touching etc.
Please share!!! Returns are really good, we seek your views on making them 'astounding'!! Thanks.

jan month shorts entered on
28dec @4730

29dec diff b/w open and 3ema was 20pts which was not compelling enough for us to cover

30dec diff was hardly a point so we did not cover

02jan open was 4637.8 and 3ema was 4649.64 ...so the diff was around 12 pts, so we did not cover.on this day the NF went to make a low of 4592.4..so covering @open would have allowed us to book 92pts of profit.

and 3jan i.e. today @open NF gapped up around 30pts ..so no chance of booking profits ....so still holding shorts

do you all think there is anyway to improvise the system that would in anyway allow us to book profits ...because on 2jan our position touched around 137pts profit ...and say if tomorrow NF opens above 4747(reversal pt for tomorrow)...so say even if it opens around the same levels as toays close we would then be covering our NF lot bought on 28jan(4730) @4775....around 45pts loss.

so i was just wondering..just a thought whether anything we could have done to take some profits from the 137pts that our position tasted instead of ending up in a loss of 45pts (or say even more in case of a gap up tomorrow).

rkkarnani

jan month shorts entered on
28dec @4730

29dec diff b/w open and 3ema was 20pts which was not compelling enough for us to cover

30dec diff was hardly a point so we did not cover

02jan open was 4637.8 and 3ema was 4649.64 ...so the diff was around 12 pts, so we did not cover.on this day the NF went to make a low of 4592.4..so covering @open would have allowed us to book 92pts of profit.

and 3jan i.e. today @open NF gapped up around 30pts ..so no chance of booking profits ....so still holding shorts

do you all think there is anyway to improvise the system that would in anyway allow us to book profits ...because on 2jan our position touched around 137pts profit ...and say if tomorrow NF opens above 4747(reversal pt for tomorrow)...so say even if it opens around the same levels as toays close we would then be covering our NF lot bought on 28jan(4730) @4775....around 45pts loss.

so i was just wondering..just a thought whether anything we could have done to take some profits from the 137pts that our position tasted instead of ending up in a loss of 45pts (or say even more in case of a gap up tomorrow).
My opinion : It has to be more of an individual decision: Where to book profit!!! I know a few here who book partial profit at~100 points .
However I would also like to point out that though you have mentioned in the example of Jan Nifty your entry on 28th Dec... please do keep in mind that as per 315 the trade was initiated at ~4881 on 9th Dec 2011 and a couple of times Profit booked on 3EMA not touching at open thus giving extra profits. Hence do not consider just the Jan entry alone as that is just extention of the same trade but derivative month chnged due to clearing. With the new Rules added by SH the strategy has gone stronger. Please check the mother thread, SH has given the details of his entry and exits and has made decent (read as excellent) profits!! :thumb:

saivenkat

Sorry to bump in with this off topic request..

Can anyone put it compiled form the complete rules alone with examples,pdf format would be better.. as i feel that it would be a good reference guide for those who would try to adapt 315 strategy..:)

trade4joisar

Sorry to bump in with this off topic request..

Can anyone put it compiled form the complete rules alone with examples,pdf format would be better.. as i feel that it would be a good reference guide for those who would try to adapt 315 strategy..:)
SH has already linked importants links on 315 strategy 1st page.

SH, posted sweet summary few days back :)

http://www.traderji.com/technical-a...gy-how-use-if-effectively-448.html#post623808

Positioning Sizing
http://www.traderji.com/technical-a...gy-how-use-if-effectively-299.html#post553963

Pyramiding/Adds post by SH
http://www.traderji.com/technical-a...egy-how-use-if-effectively-49.html#post396086

Few examples

Hope this will help

rh6996

rkk, do u stil maintain the rule to buy above the high of crossover bar for going Long!!??
Can you kindly share your trades for last few months if the same are as per 315 or nearly as per 315!! Did u go long yesterday or wait for a breach of high of yesterday!!

rkkarnani

rkk, do u stil maintain the rule to buy above the high of crossover bar for going Long!!??
Can you kindly share your trades for last few months if the same are as per 315 or nearly as per 315!! Did u go long yesterday or wait for a breach of high of yesterday!!
Yes, i stillmaintain that rule in almost all my trading strategies!! For me trigger bar is ver significant. I did not go long yesterday... i am long even a bit earlier, in fact may exit if a certain level is broken. Dont care to discuss here or even elsewhere too!! :p