Should I sell my MF now ?

I had purchased HDFC Top 200 (as well as SBI magnum) in Nov 09 for 50k each, it dipped to 46k in Jan but is now at 52.5k (both have current value at this range), I feels it won't go high anymore and I had only invested to get the understanding of market, I have no appetite for risk right now :)

What do you guys suggest me ? should I continue or get an exit ?

Thanks

nikrod

I had purchased HDFC Top 200 (as well as SBI magnum) in Nov 09 for 50k each, it dipped to 46k in Jan but is now at 52.5k (both have current value at this range), I feels it won't go high anymore and I had only invested to get the understanding of market, I have no appetite for risk right now :)

Thanks
First lesson you should remember is Mutual Funds are not meant to be traded like stocks. MFs are designed as long term investment vehicles. DO not buy & sell MFs like you would buy & sell a stock.

Secondly if you cannot tolerate risk, DO NOT invest in share market or any equity MF. I would advise you to sell your mutual fund holdings at once. You are lucky that you broke even with your initial investments in short period. You should never speculate without knowledge or in depth study.

savkar

Thanks
HawkEye,
Some quick points wrt post
1. investing in 1 MF for a period of 5 months will hardy give you understanding of the market.
2. If you cant take risk, better try the SIP way
3. With 15% of capital gains tax and exit load (as ur discontinuting within a year) your gains will be less than 2K

To be very blunt, its better you exit and turn towards SIP

Last edited: