Should I hold SBI stocks?

I had recently bough 50 shares of SBI at the price of 1992 per share. Since the fall of Rupee, the stock dropped to 1907 per share.
I am afraid SBI is going to fall further.
At the moment the market seems very volatile. I am not sure what I need to do. If I sell it now I lose money. If I hold it, I am not sure when the market would bounce back.
Should I hold the stock for the market to come up or should I sell it?
So please any input would be greatly appreciated.

godfather

:)hai,
if u do have money hold it by the way were was ur SL :annoyed:, they recently started going down after the results came....at that time they gave divd too...

:)hai,
if u do have money hold it by the way were was ur SL :annoyed:, they recently started going down after the results came....at that time they gave divd too...
I have the money to hold it. I am just worried it will fall further and probably not come up again, or even if it does, it might probably take years. Right now I am only looking at a target of 2040 per share and come out of it.

dineshN

Look for any short covering rally taking place by tomorrow and wait till Friday for new series. If you don't see any considerable price pushing up then you may want to decide on exiting. Any way there are hurdles @ 1920/40/76. If at all it comes back up to 1992, you may want to hold it for your target.

I had recently bough 50 shares of SBI at the price of 1992 per share. Since the fall of Rupee, the stock dropped to 1907 per share.
I am afraid SBI is going to fall further.
At the moment the market seems very volatile. I am not sure what I need to do. If I sell it now I lose money. If I hold it, I am not sure when the market would bounce back.
Should I hold the stock for the market to come up or should I sell it?
So please any input would be greatly appreciated.
If you are an Investor.....then its good buy......... hold....at least two yrs you will get good profit.....if you can effort buy 50 qty more on dips....:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Hi first never buy stock in single lot in cash .... especially during this volatile market. Always enter in staggered manner which saves your money a lot.... Now i would say atleast wait for a week since the global market beaten down 5-15%.. may be little upward moment one can see..

bunny

Firstly, the stock is weak on charts. So fair chances that it may go further down from here.

You have the money to hold, but that alone should not be the reason to hold it. I think you are falling in "love" with the stock. Remember, you should love your money, not holdings. Even though people may advise you to hold for two years, and even if it exceeds your buying price after two levels, you must consider the harrowing time you will have between now and the time until which the price will exceed your price. Are you sure you can handle those sinking emotions? A losing trade can cause sentimental damage that will spill over into every part of your day. You will spoil your leisure time, work time, family time, etc. thinking about the share price.

Assuming that you book at loss of Rs. 100 per share, your total loss is only Rs. 5000 plus some tiny amount in brokerage, taxes, etc. levies. You should think and decide for yourself whether you are willing to let sentimental damage spoil things for the sake of Rs. 5000. It is better to close your position, accept the loss at once and move on, rather than letting your position continue and suffering setbacks daily with prices falling everyday and causing emotional damage. Now it is for you to decide what and how much of it are you going to put at stake. A fixed loss of small amount like Rs. 5000 or the prospect of even more loss and distributional of sentimental health and other associated aspects. Ofcourse, a small up move may happen here and there, once in a while, but that will not uplift your holding valuation. It will only give false hope, which will cause much more damage when shattered. Right now, it is important to get your sentimental health in order than your profit/loss figure.

Hello

SBIN is one of the Futures I trade and the FUTURE PRICE is sell mode at Rs 2120 on 23 May 2013(PSAR) .You should not have bought the SBI after 23 May .I think you should take advice of fellow traders before you take a decision to buy and traders will give their advice.Now you hold it and since you have the will to hold it do not sell it because SBI is good stock and prices will reverse as our economy is good. I expect the prices to reverse back by next week like all traders.

But I am firmly against buying when the prices are going down as i have also done and regretted. Remember NEVER TRY TO CATCH A FALLING KNIFE. WAIT FOR IT TO HIT THE FLOOR AND BOUNCE BACK . good luck

Last edited: