Should i buy now

Dear Traderji & the Gurus,

Need some help on investing longterm.Shorlisted a few. Can i go for the ones listed.
================
Wipro
Glenmark PHarma
ITC
Hindalco
RIL
Geometric soft solutions
=================
thankyou.

I think ITC is a good investment at current levels. Hindalco also could be bought on dips.

For the other counters, you could wait for a market stability.

Thanks and Regards

supratik said:
I think ITC is a good investment at current levels. Hindalco also could be bought on dips.

For the other counters, you could wait for a market stability.

Thanks and Regards
Thanks Supratik. I shall wait for the market stability then.

WHat about Glenmark Pharma... is it not a good longterm?

thansk your advise.

ITC seems great on a dip. I dont know about Hindalco. It hasnt participated in any rallies in the last 7-8 months. I dont think it would have too much steam on a subsequent rise. It is good for a conervative long-term holding, but there are'nt the aggressive growth prospects that ITC seems to be on.

On ITC, i think it would be good after the markets start getting stability. Buy 2 lots - half for long-term and half to trade on... i think the markets are going to be volatile in the medium term, and ITC is a volatile counter as seen of late. Best of Luck!

shorttermer

Hindalco on the other hand seems a good short/medium-term trade if you can get it around 105-115 as supratik mentioned. For long term it will add value to your portofolio and but i firmly doubt astounding returns

Is this the right time (28-10-2005) to invest in shares? Would the market collapse further or is there any scope of immediate correction?

mehrhlr said:
Is this the right time (28-10-2005) to invest in shares? Would the market collapse further or is there any scope of immediate correction?
Hi Mehrhlr,

The market is now like a falling knife............try catching it and you risk it going through your hands.Stand aside for now.......even if we bounce here,stand aside.The time to buy has not come.Now is the time to wait n watch.

All the best!!
Saint

thanks shorttermer & adilsaleem, i took a shot on ITC on fridays fall as i got a bit impatient.

Saint, thank for the caution. I am not a day trader but i do read you,amit,supratik and others very regularly...I have kept my funds ready for action. will stand aside and keep a watch as you said...

thanks once again to you all on traderji... the market is getting interesting to me as i am going to get an good opportunity to buy some good stock.

cheers

Lawrie

lawrieking said:
Dear Traderji & the Gurus,

Need some help on investing longterm.Shorlisted a few. Can i go for the ones listed.
================
Wipro
Glenmark PHarma
ITC
Hindalco
RIL
Geometric soft solutions
IndiaBulls
=================
thankyou.
Hi Saint & Amit, i have added Indiabulls on my watchlist and as cautioned....will watch the next few weeks like an OWL :cool: I cant miss this opportunity as I have waited too long for this opportunity. WIth ITC in my basket already..i will not go for it on a further drop but will see best of the rest on my list..hindalco is out ..out..thanks once again friends