Should a person of 35 years age invest in front line bluechips?

I am 36 years old with a daughter.I am investing in stock markets since last 4-5 years. My dilemma is that whether to invest in bluechip companies or those companies who are future multibaggers in coming 2-3 years. Multibaggers take time to give returns and the money gets locked in them at a certain point. What should be the strategy for wealth accumulation?I have been fortunate to witness few stocks who become multibaggers but then they took lot of time.So to keep the money rolling, should i invest in frontline 'A' group stocks instead of going through these not so popular but future multibagger picks?

My second question is that whether i should invest monthly a certain amount in stocks?

Prataap_2013

Your portfolio should definitely have some bluechip names.

Obviously they have to be accumulated in a staggered way during deep market corrections.

In the auto ancillary sector for the last two years, the bluechip names like Bharat Forge and Motherson Sumi have outperformed smaller companies. Bharat Forge went from 300 in end 2013 to more than 1300; increase by more than FOUR times. So this is a bluechip that is also a multibagger.

Prataap_2013

By the way I don't hold Bharat Forge. In the auto ancillary sector I got Suprajit Eng thinking it will be a future multibagger, but Bharat Forge went up more.

mastermind007

I am 36 years old with a daughter.I am investing in stock markets since last 4-5 years. My dilemma is that whether to invest in bluechip companies or those companies who are future multibaggers in coming 2-3 years. Multibaggers take time to give returns and the money gets locked in them at a certain point. What should be the strategy for wealth accumulation?I have been fortunate to witness few stocks who become multibaggers but then they took lot of time.So to keep the money rolling, should i invest in frontline 'A' group stocks instead of going through these not so popular but future multibagger picks?

My second question is that whether i should invest monthly a certain amount in stocks?
Nileshbhai.....

Forgive my language, but if you consider Capital invested in multibagger as "locked", you are being greedy. Mango trees do takes 30+ years to mature...

With that said, Even 3.5 year old should invest (if he/she has funds)...

Apportion your capital in two baskets and invest one basket in multi-baggers and another in short-term

badarivt

During a bull run, whichever stock starts running fast (appreciating in value), we must hop on to it and hold tight. Till the bull run is over, it will appreciate far more than the others in the same sector. It does not matter if the stock is blue or not