Short trading and covering

Hi pals,
I have a query on short trading. Say I am planning to short sell airtel on monday at Market price, expecting the price to come down in the day. But unfortunately the price increases so if I cover my short now I will be in loss. So is it possible to cover the short the next day or after a few days?

Basically I want to know the maximum time frame allowed for short covering. I am also curious to know who gives you the shares to sell in short trading, the broker or exchange? TIA

columbus

Hi pals,
I have a query on short trading. Say I am planning to short sell airtel on monday at Market price, expecting the price to come down in the day. But unfortunately the price increases so if I cover my short now I will be in loss. So is it possible to cover the short the next day or after a few days?

Basically I want to know the maximum time frame allowed for short covering. I am also curious to know who gives you the shares to sell in short trading, the broker or exchange? TIA
For shares which you have shorted have to be covered
in a Day ,that is within the market hours.share fur

But Sharefutures you can cover upto expiry (last thrusday of the
month,in case of current month futures]
But dabbling with share futures is risky (without knowledge)
and very costly.

bunny

Thanks Columbus ! Anyone please clarify my second query which is about who provides the share to sell broker or exchange?
Broker.

Why will the exchange give? Exchange will only facilitate order matching, execution and trade settlement/clearing.