Short selling

mastermind007

I think this threads needs some input on basic concepts.

For anyone to do Trading, you have to manage two aspects: Buying and Selling. Trade completely realizes his profit only when both the Buying and Selling are fully completed.

This understanding of trading is universal and applicable to every aspect of trading and for every trader. It is as applicable to milkman/newspaperman as it is to arm dealers selling arms and ammunitions to a nation.

For a trader to make profit, he has to Sell at a price higher than the price at which he buys it. Therefore, some traders buy in X country and sell in Y country and go through all the hassles of moving goods from place X to place Y.

Closely associated with "buying" and "selling" as its vital step, there is concept of "delivery". When a trader is buying, he has to accept delivery of goods and when he is selling, he has to give delivery of goods.

Idea of "Short Selling" completely relies on this vital step of delivery. Any trading activity in any market can involve "short sell" as long as the selling trader has been granted time to make delivery.

If delivery is to be made instantly, short-selling is not possible.

When we purchase a flat in under construction building, the builder is short-selling us a flat. He doesn't have the flat that he is selling to us because we are OK with his proposal to accept delivery after some time.

When your milkman takes money for entire month in advance, he is short-selling you milk for entire month. It is possible because you are OK with staggered delivery cycles for products such as milk.

In Future&Options segment of a Stock Market, a trader is allowed time till end of contract (a very specific date and time, 3:30 PM of last thursday of every month) to make delivery. Hence, it is possible for trader to short-sell for months.

In Cash segment of a Stock Market, a trader is allowed time only until 3:30 PM of the same trading day to deliver the goods he is selling. Failure to delivery by this time will result in penalties and fines.

If I want to short sell in cash market, I can sell at anytime between 9:15 AM and 3:30 PM as long as I can buy the deficit before 3:30 PM.

Hi AC

you said you have lost 5K do not want to loose more
then my sincere suggestion. do not play with real money in stock market. do some paper trade before you enter with real money. and learn some technical analysis and technical education.
do not ever think of trading derivatives (short selling or going long) unless you know what you are doing.
when i did paper trading in real time trade simualtors i was earning 5k per week :clap:

But the only difference is that when i was doing paper trading i would buy 10 shares of equal amount .

The problem with paper trading is there is no brokerages and other charges so we see big profits in paper trading

MOST IMPORTANT POINT is we are FEARLESS in paper trading :D and according to me that is why we always see profits

Basically i saw huge profits when i did paper trading

Thank you very much MasterMind .

I dont think i will be doing shortselling as i find it very very risky, i went long today and made a good profit as i identified a rally.

So i have decided i will trade less and trade only when i am 100% sure .

HI
BRO i have to learn stock market trading for technical and fundamental analysis , iam from b.tech background (hyderabad) , so i dont know how to start my education through ..

idont know were was the bast classes are there in hyd.. is there no problem u have please send proper details to me thanx

HI
BRO i have to learn stock market trading for technical and fundamental analysis , iam from b.tech background (hyderabad) , so i dont know how to start my education through ..

idont know were was the bast classes are there in hyd.. is there no problem u have please send proper details to me thanx
What ever i learnt , i learnt by loosing 5000 rs in real stock market ....U can start by investing some small amount :thumb:

But when you start investing more money again things will change :annoyed:

some people charge 15k but i never took those classes ....according to me if they knew how to make money why would they charge and teach others:cool:

Konni rojulu paper trading chesi choodu Bro:thumb: