Short selling

I got to know that short selling can only be done in INTRADAY ....

I wanted to know how many times can i do short selling per day ....

I mean if i sell and buy abc shares by 12:30 and if i feel abc share might go further down can i again sell and buy abc share with in 3:30 :)

Also i wanted to know exact meaning of square off , which happens at 3:20 if i dont buy it after short selling :mad:

deba72

I got to know that short selling can only be done in INTRADAY ....

I wanted to know how many times can i do short selling per day ....

I mean if i sell and buy abc shares by 12:30 and if i feel abc share might go further down can i again sell and buy abc share with in 3:30 :)

Also i wanted to know exact meaning of square off , which happens at 3:20 if i dont buy it after short selling :mad:
You can short sell any number of times...

While selling, if you mark the product type as 'delivery' then there won't be any auto square-off and you have to do it manually within 3.30...

However if you mark the product type as "intraday" the broker would do the auto square-off if you don't do it by the designated time..

Now different brokers follow different cut-off time.. so you need to check with your broker..

PUCHU_2500

Andhra cement, pls, don't mind, you have started your trading style like my initial stages......
pls, don't loose your capital......try to expend your valuable times with traderji 2/3years and keep learning process continue basis......if you are loosing 10000 to 50000 in the market then it is ok, just consider it as tuition fee for real time learning course.......hope, after 3/4 years you will be able to explore various amazing thing.......

Hi Pucchu

Can you please let me know how can i improve my trading style....lost 5000 already , i dont want to loose more

What changes can i make to book profits

Reyansh

You do not have any trading style which you explained here in the forum. You only told you are a short seller of shares. You may explain your trading plan how you take decisions to make any shorts and then it can be analyzed to may tell you how to make profits.

You do not have any trading style which you explained here in the forum. You only told you are a short seller of shares. You may explain your trading plan how you take decisions to make any shorts and then it can be analyzed to may tell you how to make profits.
Hi Reyansh

I wait for dips in shares like voltas and jain irrigation and buy them

I wait for them move up , which happened a couple of times but since few days they fall further after i invest and i sell them in loss before 3:30 OR my stop loss gets EATEN :mad:

That is why i wanted to try SHORT selling

Reyansh

Hi Reyansh

I wait for dips in shares like voltas and jain irrigation and buy them

I wait for them move up , which happened a couple of times but since few days they fall further after i invest and i sell them in loss before 3:30 OR my stop loss gets EATEN :mad:

That is why i wanted to try SHORT selling
But this is not called "Short Selling", as you already own your shares and later you want to sell them on higher levels. It seems you confuse "Short Selling" with "Selling".

"Short Selling" is in nature a derivative you do not own and you sell it to some body in the market to get the credit. Kindly take your time to learn about this differences:

http://www.investopedia.com/university/shortselling/shortselling1.asp

But this is not called "Short Selling", as you already own your shares and later you want to sell them on higher levels. It seems you confuse "Short Selling" with "Selling".

"Short Selling" is in nature a derivative you do not own and you sell it to some body in the market to get the credit. Kindly take your time to learn about this differences:

http://www.investopedia.com/university/shortselling/shortselling1.asp
Hi Reyansh

I havent done SHORT SELLING yet, this was my strategy till today:(

Since this way is not working for me , i am planning to do short selling for the very first time in my life from tomorrow :)

Can you pin point where i was going wrong and any ideas for short selling which i am planning to do from tomorrow

Reyansh

Looks as if we talked at cross purposes now twice as our posts are crossing and I will edit this post quickly. No problem as this can happen in a forum.

So you now search for a solution to trade purely short on shares, as the other way round has not proved to you.

Nevertheless, the question remains the same: How do you take decisions to make any shorts? Do you have a system or are you asking for a system presented to you?

If so, I am the wrong to do so, but I will give you one advise: Don't do it naked instead think about any kind of insurance when you short what ever.

Hi AC

you said you have lost 5K do not want to loose more
then my sincere suggestion. do not play with real money in stock market. do some paper trade before you enter with real money. and learn some technical analysis and technical education.
do not ever think of trading derivatives (short selling or going long) unless you know what you are doing.