Short Sell

Hye All Of U,
Because Of The Confusion With The Broker I Hv Short Sold 275 Hll At Around 188. Now Wht Will Be The Consequences Of The Same. Important Thing Is Tht It Was The Mistake Of Broker Who Purchased It In Nse Whn I Told For Bse. Pls Help Me Out In The Same....

Best Regards,

Your short positions will be covered from the auction market.

If your broker is fair enough, he will cover up the loss in his a/c.

Thanks and Regards

supratik said:

Thanks and Regards
Thx for ur rply. One more thing wud like to ask u tht how much time will it take n wht if hll value is increased or decreased?? pls will be gr8ful if u can explain it fully.

Hi Sachin,

I am not sure how much time it will take. You can better check it with your broker.
In the meantime you can re-enter HLL at current price of 188.40 with a target of 225.

Happy trading
-Birjubanarasi

supratik said:

Thanks and Regards
Supratik bhai is it possible if somebody exchange my shares of NSE with BSE?? n will there be any fine for short sell??

Auction settlement is T+3. So it will be after 3 rd day you short it.
Does T+3 means third working day for the stock exchange OR it includes saturday and sunday also.
I shorted 70 shares of HFDC @1380 on 26th nov'2008 and due to some problem could not squareoff it. So, i recieved a mail that the shares will go for auction if I do not transfer the shares from any other DP account, and that too before 9 AM on 28th nov. Due to mishappening in mumbai, the stock exchange remain closed on 27th. So, which day will be considered for auction according to T+3 (keeping in mind that 29th n 30th was sat and sunday).
Thanks in advance
sam

shia

well, there is another scenario, where i do have some doubts..
Suppose- i already have a position on a stock 'A' ( say 100 of Tata Steel at Rs 628.00)
and now i want to go short separately on a given day without affecting my 100 of Tisco.
can i Do that ?