shiksha for market

i have done the course i have done three times in two year all those who are saying it's expensive then doesn't have capital himanshu shah tells that u should have the backing of 5 lakh but i belive we should have atleast 10 lakh i lost 80% then again i joined and now i have three flats and i am doing extremely well for myself u should have a very big capital to do this course

Hi

I have recently completed the Price analysis course taught by Himanshu Shaah. Unlike, most other tutors in the market, Himanshu Sir is a truly committed teacher. We had a mix of students, right from college passouts, housewives, retired individuals, professional traders, and few brokers. And, I myself who had never traded earlier.

He has wonderful teaching skill, and has gone to extraordinary lengths to ensure that no one is left behind. To add icing to cake, we have webinar sessions from Monday to Thursday, where he clarifies the doubts, and shares mechanics of new/existing setups.

The only commitment he asks of us is that we do all the required homework (so that we become comfortable with system and donot feel left out when the class advances to next topics).

I haven't seen such commitment from any of the tutors I have seen right from my 10th grade till completion of B.E.

I donot think any of the other tutors teaching Stock Market trading might be taking even 23.6% of efforts that Himanshu Shaah is taking for success of his students. So, no wonder, that our friend here has suggested the self study route.

To Summarize, SHIKSHA SYSTEM is an amazing system, taught by a GREAT TEACHER....HIMANSHU SHAAH.

There are people who are not in public, and doing good work. I met one...Himanshu Shaah. As per my understanding, Himanshu Shaah is still quiet low profile. Only accepts students by reference. No advertisement or publicity. I came to know about him only through a friend of mine.

Prior to that I was looking at the most advertised and commercially available options. They seemed to lack substance that I was looking for.

I had read books by good traders like Alexander Elder, Curtis Faith, Van Tharp, Michael Douglas. So I had basic understanding as to what to look for in a sound trading approach. I found all of them in Himanshu Shaah's SHIKSHA system.

And regarding people who have lost, you would agree that, one can take horse to the fodder, but he cannot feed the horse.

Yes the system is quiet comprehensive in terms of how to decide ENTRY, EXIT, STOP-LOSS and RE-ENTRY. A lot has to be taken in before you can start to trade any of the numerous setups based on the system.

I am new to trading. I too lost initially, when my understanding of the system was nascent. I made mistakes not just in the system but also in placing orders. But with constant perseverance, I was able to understand the basics of the system. Backtested on historical data one of the setups that suited my temperament. In my two months of trading I am net positive in my trading account. And the returns per month are in double digits percentage wise.

One will loose big time in this market irrespective of whose system you are following, if he
  • fails to maintain sound position sizing
  • does not understand his entry and exit strategies
  • goes beyond his emotional capacity for trading (taking too large position)
  • Over trades
  • force trades
  • Fails to have a stop loss
  • Looks for easy profits without putting in efforts
  • Switches setups frequently (most likely because none have been backtested to build conviction)
  • tries to trade contrary to what market wants

And most traders would agree that Stock Market trading is a game of positive expectancy. And this system does have a very good positive expectancy.

Aman you remind days when I was new to the market, and had just started with the Shiksha System as a newbie trader. I am still a newbie but have some experience as well.

Yes, Shiksha is one of the good courses to start with. But the euphoria created in Shiksha ecosystem can be contagious.

Market has its way to tell us that there is always something to learn. Would like to Quote Jesse Liver more on this one

“I have been in the speculative game ever since I was fourteen. It is all I have ever done. I think I know what I am talking about. And the conclusion that I have reached after nearly thirty years of constant trading, both on a shoestring and with millions of dollars back of me, is this: A man may beat a stock or a group at a certain time, but no man living can beat the stock market! A man may make money out of individual deals in cotton or grain, but no man can beat the cotton market or the grain market. It's like the track. A man may beat a horse race, but he cannot beat horse racing.”
Jesse Livermore

Last edited:
you are right buy it's my personal belief and my personal opinion if u maintain the discipline it took my time to get to the perfect discipline for taking full benefit for the system I have done many things wrong I corrected myself and what I understood that only strictly discipline is only needed to get sucefull in any system and I am not criticising and system but all the system are all equal but the most Imp thing is discipline if u have that tendency than only u can get good that's is my personal believe and my personal exp . I assume no matter how much time and money u have in the market u require a strategy and Diksha had given me that ,and I feel blessed because I corrected myself and performing very well so I believe I discipline is the only key to success in any system

Hlad

you are right buy it's my personal belief and my personal opinion if u maintain the discipline it took my time to get to the perfect discipline for taking full benefit for the system I have done many things wrong I corrected myself and what I understood that only strictly discipline is only needed to get sucefull in any system and I am not criticising and system but all the system are all equal but the most Imp thing is discipline if u have that tendency than only u can get good that's is my personal believe and my personal exp . I assume no matter how much time and money u have in the market u require a strategy and Diksha had given me that ,and I feel blessed because I corrected myself and performing very well so I believe I discipline is the only key to success in any system
It is crucial that the system/setup is compatible with ur temperament for you to maintain that discipline.

Also, too much euphoria can be detrimental esp. if things do not work out in your favour, despite all ur faith in the system and mentor, and the efforts put in to understand it, backtest it and apply it with hard earned money on the line.

I did a course from Mr Himanshu Shaah who teaches “price behaviour” course under the label “Shiksha for the market”. Unfortunately, this experience was not good and I have summarised my experience below.

Basically the whole system is designed by Mr Himanshu Shaah based on his past experience and calculations.

After finishing this course I was left with the bitter taste in my mouth because of couple of things which were not told to me clearly. Here is my experience that I can share:

• The course was not conducted in a systematic and organised manner. I realise that the topics that Mr Himanshu Shah wanted to cover were not systematically arranged and timed and it seems that he was, at times, rushing through and at other times going very slowly. He wasted a lot of time talking on unnecessary topics and then due to lack of time at the end, we were literally pushed and rushed through.

• Once the training is over, you need to spend minimum 5 to 6 hours every single day for the next 6 months to get a good grip on the system. If you can't, you probably won't make it through. So make sure you have that much disposable time

• You need to start practicing this system immediately after finishing the training, if you delay in starting your practice then you are pretty much out of the game. This is because the system is quite complicated for a new joiner and it could be a lot to digest and comprehend if you gave a gap after finishing the training.

• I paid about ₹65,000 for fees and on top of that you need to keep minimum 40,000 rupees ready for his "online software". you will need to pay this every single year to Mr Himanshu Shah for the software access he provides. We all paid in cash for the course fees but didn't receive any receipt or invoice from him.

• Once you learn the system you will be tied down completely to the software that Mr Himanshu shah provides. Without that software you cannot do anything, so you will be fully dependent on that software. You cannot use any other trading system or any other tools or indicators at all.

• God forbid but if something goes wrong in the software or change of plans with Mr Himanshu Shah, and if the software stops, then we all are stuck and it's game over.

• In our case, Mr Himanshu Shah took an extra lesson because he could not complete the training in 4 weekends and we have to pay extra for the additional session which I think was unnecessary because he wasted a lot of time talking about useless things.

• I spend total ₹85,000 rupees(60k fees + extra lesson fees + lodging + boarding + travel) because I was travelling from outside of Mumbai. I personally felt that it was a waste of money because I had to give a gap of 6 months after the training and as I said above I wasn't told that I will lose the grip on the system. Mr Himanshu Shah promised before training and before I paid that he would help to clarify concepts, if needed(like in my case because I had given a gap), even after the training is over but I found out that he was not interested in talking if we didn't pay 40000 for his software. I didn't wanted to pay for the software because I wanted to write my own tool and I realised he was not interested in discussing or helping

• Finally, all the friends that I had made during the training in the class have left shiksha. I thought I was the only one who had given up but it is pretty much across the board, all of them have stopped including the person who recommended me for this course.

Now this is my personal experience and others may have their own good or bad experiences, so I don't want to directly discourage or criticize this training. This is my personal experience that I am sharing, but please do take notes of the above mentioned points and then you can make your own decision.

If you like any more details then you can message me.

There are lots of people now-a-days who are looking for doing such courses. Hopefully it will help someone to make a more informed decision before joining Shikska for the market course from Himanshu Shaah.

I have too experienced this course. It was an turning point of my trading life experience. It takes lots of practice to understand any system. I made losses in Shiksha system but while practicing, I came up with my own system. I made my own simple price behavior system. One must not criticize any system. Good or Bad is part of life. If one course experience bad, go for another. Life all about move on....

MSN1979

I SAY DO NOT START WITH MORE THAN Rs. 10,000 out of which you will not trade more than 1 SHARE on one trade, initially, because ;
b) YOU NEED TO DEVELOP THE GUTS TO TRADE 1 SHARE ON ONE TRADE FOR THE FIRST 2-3 MONTHS.
If you cannot be consistently profitable trading just 1 share, what makes you think you can be successful trading 10 shares or more ???
I can vouch for this strategy, somebody on traderji told me to try this many years ago and this would be the only reason I am still in markets and surviving as a FULL Time Trader.

I think this is the nest advice any experience member can give to any new trader. After loosing streak, I started with 5 shares and have slowly and gradually increased over a period of time gaining confidence in myself and the strategy I use for trading.

PS: This is a million dollar advice given for free :) cheers

Can anyone tell how Is the course of himanshu shah of shiksha for the markets?
I have done this course and will not recommend any one of you to be fooled by Himanshu shaah. During training you will start believing oh my god this is it. But to analyse the market from its past is easy in present, how to predict the future in present is tricky. During live market if you happen to ask him a query he has 1 answer and after the market same query is answered according to the market behaves.
He teaches you everything other than trading. He has blessings of goodess sarawatiji for everything but you will not have blessings of godess Laxmiji when u will do the course. He has too many ways to enter the trade but only one way to exit (ie in loss). How many students he has taught and how many successful students he has in the market still trading consistently. The risk reward ratio of students to successful students is pathetic. The system is not judged by its inherrent characteristics, it is judged by how many succesful traders are trading the system consistently.
Every 3 months he will come up with different system and sell with new name refresher course. His dukaan will remain open but yours will close sooner or later.