sharekhan

Dear All,

i was using sharekhan till october and from november onwards i don't trade at all due to some personal issues. And i found and still find good that sharekhan was doing good except EOD chart.

today i was speaking to one of my friend after so many days, who had very good opinion about sharekhan, who told me today that sharekhan is not good enough to be traded any more and he changed to some other broker.

His main point was that order are getting struck after 2.30 for more than 10 minutes and customer service also gone very bad.

i request all the members who is using sharekhan to share their experiences they are facing as far as software and customer service are concerned.

i am thinking of taking this issued to sharekhan if i get feed back from all of you who are all using sharekhan software.

regards
ganesh

I have the Speedtrade account and the software has the following problem:
1) - It needs some ports to be open and which if not opened does not allow the software to work! I wonder whether it is not possible to have the software work with the normal HTTP port ... i.e. no new ports to be configured other than the regular ones used for webbrowsing

2) - The webinterface does not allow Futures and Options to be traded upon. I am not sure if it necessary to have a PC based software to allow for FnO trading.

Regards.

I am also using sharekhan speedtrade software and having similar problem of orders stuck up for extended period.Regarding port opening,these are secured softwares and not only sharekhan but 5paisa etc.also requires to open certain ports.Its a problem with our ISP e.g.in bombay,hathway has similar problem as we have to tell them to open certain ports whereas sify have all ports opened.
Sharekhan has few other shortfalls like it does not allow to keep after market orders in future and options and as exchange does not allow good till date(GTD) or good till cancell(GTC) orders anymore,it is very important for keeping stoploss orders in volatile markets as the system takes about 10 minutes to accept our orders when market opens due to traffic and it may be too late specially in falling markets as you would not get those prices atleast for sometime.Secondly it does not allow to trade in bse or trade to trade segments which 5paisa allows.

Speedtrade of Sharekhan is good.....the best thing is the orders r executed even before u close ur eyes.....so just go for it....

u can do interday trade at great speeds.....and make good profits if u know how to play ur game in this volatile mkt....u need to chose ur cards well....

the screen of SK is very simple......it's just the same as the trader terminal with the broker....
1 - u get LIVE mkt rates....ticking ....ticking.....changing....every second
2 - mkt msgs/ order status r shown at the bottom of the scren
3 - bulk orders of a stock r flashed on the screen....
4 - u can set ur alerts....
5 - graphs for each stock can be seen.....as u see in CNBC / NDTV profit...just click on the stock name on the trade screen terminal
6 - mkt depth for each stock can be seen on clicking the mkt rate...ticker
7 - money trf from bank to ur Sharekhan a/c is kids stuff....
8 - fund trf back to ur bank a/c is fast...HDFC give u two payouts daily
9 - brokerage is 0.05% or 5 paise min for Sq-off trades and 0.25% for delivery
10 - no software chs...at least i did not pay anything....
11- they even did not charge me a/c op chs...my vol is almost 10 lacs + daily
12 - u need to negotiate for everything....how u do it depends on u....no one can help u on that front....
13 - i use 256kbps broadband of MTNL....the speed is very fast....
14 - mkt orders r executed very vary fast .....i mean realy fast....
15 - accoutning is a bit confusing to begin with but after some time u'll understand.....it's real fun
16 - daily contract notes r issued very promptly.....from Sharekhan
17 - the system at Sharekhan is quite transparent....i mean no hanky panky....i guess it got the best stock broker award this year
18 - u also get a personal client relations mgr, and u get stock tips daily on email or sms (RS 100 PM for the sms service)

overall i have had a good experience for the past 2 months....i was with icicidirect...and let me tell u ICICIDIRECT sucks....and stinks.....i would have lost almost 5-6 lacs of unrealised profits trading for 6 months.....due to their system being down down down.....on tech reasons.....or some other stupid reasons....

dont ever touch ICICIDIRECT....it stinks and sucks....i wont even suggest to my enemies to join icicidirect.....

all the best....

sgkalai said:
His main point was that order are getting struck after 2.30 for more than 10 minutes and customer service also gone very bad.
I tends to agree. Although I am not customer, I contacted them for getting new account but without any response even after two days.

If the pre-sales service is questionable, I just need to wonder (worry) about post sales service :D

I agree. I have called them, mailed etc etc. I am actually a big big trader and they have not called me back at all. Sharekhan I think is making enough money now.

yusuf said:
I tends to agree. Although I am not customer, I contacted them for getting new account but without any response even after two days.

If the pre-sales service is questionable, I just need to wonder (worry) about post sales service :D

Yes. I think they have now enough customer base. For me orders do get stuck but that is after 3.15 or so.

Furthermore, I do think they have slightly higher brokerage rate than others.

I think Indiabulls is better having both the option trading through web based terminal and through software.

Also there brokearge is also competetive as low as 0.02 for intraday and F & O deending on your volume.

humblybob said:
I agree. I have called them, mailed etc etc. I am actually a big big trader and they have not called me back at all. Sharekhan I think is making enough money now.

i completely agree with krishnan_sk...

Sharekhan is much more better than any other Broking houses in Online as well as Offline trading accounts...

i have used Kotak, ICICIdirect and IBulls.... only after looking at the facilities and Research work of Sharekhan,i have switched to Sharekhan..

so, do not go with the rumors...

Hi,

The classic account which doesn't require any commitment is it possible to trade in both cash and F&O means can we open both windows at the same time. And what about the speed do u get the prices at a good time or its very slow.
any disadvantages while trading in this Classic trade account.

Thanx.

krishnan_sk said:
Speedtrade of Sharekhan is good.....the best thing is the orders r executed even before u close ur eyes.....so just go for it....

u can do interday trade at great speeds.....and make good profits if u know how to play ur game in this volatile mkt....u need to chose ur cards well....

the screen of SK is very simple......it's just the same as the trader terminal with the broker....
1 - u get LIVE mkt rates....ticking ....ticking.....changing....every second
2 - mkt msgs/ order status r shown at the bottom of the scren
3 - bulk orders of a stock r flashed on the screen....
4 - u can set ur alerts....
5 - graphs for each stock can be seen.....as u see in CNBC / NDTV profit...just click on the stock name on the trade screen terminal
6 - mkt depth for each stock can be seen on clicking the mkt rate...ticker
7 - money trf from bank to ur Sharekhan a/c is kids stuff....
8 - fund trf back to ur bank a/c is fast...HDFC give u two payouts daily
9 - brokerage is 0.05% or 5 paise min for Sq-off trades and 0.25% for delivery
10 - no software chs...at least i did not pay anything....
11- they even did not charge me a/c op chs...my vol is almost 10 lacs + daily
12 - u need to negotiate for everything....how u do it depends on u....no one can help u on that front....
13 - i use 256kbps broadband of MTNL....the speed is very fast....
14 - mkt orders r executed very vary fast .....i mean realy fast....
15 - accoutning is a bit confusing to begin with but after some time u'll understand.....it's real fun
16 - daily contract notes r issued very promptly.....from Sharekhan
17 - the system at Sharekhan is quite transparent....i mean no hanky panky....i guess it got the best stock broker award this year
18 - u also get a personal client relations mgr, and u get stock tips daily on email or sms (RS 100 PM for the sms service)

overall i have had a good experience for the past 2 months....i was with icicidirect...and let me tell u ICICIDIRECT sucks....and stinks.....i would have lost almost 5-6 lacs of unrealised profits trading for 6 months.....due to their system being down down down.....on tech reasons.....or some other stupid reasons....

dont ever touch ICICIDIRECT....it stinks and sucks....i wont even suggest to my enemies to join icicidirect.....

all the best....
Hi ,

Are these nice nice things still true about sharekhan?

Can we do F&O trading with the "speed trade" terminal?

One more question, while opening an account with any other broker, do we need to cancel our old demat account and sign up with thhe new person, or is it legal to hold two demat accounts?

I have started doing some F&O stuff but ICICIDirect.com will not allow me to trade, the pages are slow and after the login screen nothing happens. Support also does not care about web-speed related issues.

Thanks,
Krishna