sharekhan margin amount help..!!

i am a novice in online trading.i ve registered with share khan and they have collected 750rs as fees and an additional cheque of 5000rs as margin amount.i dont understand what this margin amount is???their customer care says that its refundable...but basically i dont understand this funda...!!thanx for the help in advance....

biyasc

i am a novice in online trading.i ve registered with share khan and they have collected 750rs as fees and an additional cheque of 5000rs as margin amount.i dont understand what this margin amount is???their customer care says that its refundable...but basically i dont understand this funda...!!thanx for the help in advance....
hi,

1. Rs.750 is your a/c opening charges. you wouldn't get back the amount at any cost.

2. You have deposited rs.5000 in your sharekhan trading a/c. this rs.5000 is the margin money. assume that you bought 10 shares of cipla @200 then the total buy price is 200*10= 2000+ brokerage charges around 10, which is around 2010. so your sharekhan trading a/c balance should be 5000-2010=2990. you may withdraw/transfer the balance money (2990) at any time from your sharekhan trading a/c to your bank a/c..

3. Assume that you didn;t purchased any shares for last three months. still your sharekhan trading a/c balance should be rs.5000. you may withdraw/transfer the money at any time from your sharekhan trading a/c to your bank a/c.

regards,
biyas.