sharekhan help-how to sell same share bought in 2 different price

umar

Hello All,
I am new to trading and have opened up account with sharekhan. I have bought the same stock with 2 different price levels in different days. When i wanted to sell the shares, how to choose the particular price level share and how do i sell from the trade tiger as its not showing in the trade tiger software. In the DP/SR report i can see the total quantity of shares only. And i am confused :confused: about the calculation displayed in the dp/sr report. Please help me to understand the calculation and sell the shares.

Thanks in advance!!:D
Umar

Hi As per my understanding if u buy same stock at two different prices then the Price is averaged and u have the whole stock at one price... Why do u need to see them separately anyways.

Say u bought 10 shares at Rs 5 and 10 at Rs 10 so now u have 20 shares wid average price Rs. 7.5 You can sell how so many u want to sell. shudnt be a prob.
i hope i addressed ur problem right..

Hi As per my understanding if u buy same stock at two different prices then the Price is averaged and u have the whole stock at one price... Why do u need to see them separately anyways.

Say u bought 10 shares at Rs 5 and 10 at Rs 10 so now u have 20 shares wid average price Rs. 7.5 You can sell how so many u want to sell. shudnt be a prob.
i hope i addressed ur problem right..
But the Question arises, if your first holding is, lets say 10 shares of 11 month old, and want to keep it for Long Term Capital Gain(LTCG).
and want to sell second holding of 10 shares for some profit, say may be a month old.

here i'm missing the option of not placing the 2nd batch. and losing the benefit of LTCG on the 1st batch thats going to sell after a month.

as i see if place sell order for 10 shares it executes and takes old bought qty.

would like to have more discussion on this...........

Last edited: