Set-Ups disscused & practised @ Nifty Futures Trading Thread.

Sunil

OK Sunil ,thread remains,i do not want you to feel bad.:D
Da,
It's apparent you are feeling upset about lot of things not in your hands (as a MOD or as a friend)....
but Da, please reconsider your decision to delete threads....

Closing non-active threads is understandable, but deleting them deprives of a future Asish or future Saint to get access to these gems & thus defeating the very purpose of this forum....

A heart-felt request, echoing the views by Vineet and others too....

U

uasish

Sunil,

Those where past let us move forward.I am game to Open absolute New Threads to learn from others,say ........how to do intraday,........when not to trade in intraday,........when to risk at opening in intraday,i am hankering to learn these things from long ,but there has to be an ambience to Learn not spoon feeding & now presently we run a risk of being bombarded with fake ID's ,forming a Group & they will some how try to disrupt the process,hence later on some other time.
Let the junk threads be deleted, let us move forward.

Asish

L

learn2trade08

Asish'da...
if this message was meant for baorders who quit today,please be assured that the boarders who are phasing out of traderji are serious traders too...and most of them have allready registered in a site and the learning process will continue...
we are having our nifty thread too.
but i guess we are not blessed to have your views there.
:(

Sunil,

Those where past let us move forward.I am game to Open absolute New Threads to learn from others,say ........how to do intraday,........when not to trade in intraday,........when to risk at opening in intraday,i am hankering to learn these things from long ,but there has to be an ambience to Learn not spoon feeding & now presently we run a risk of being bombarded with fake ID's ,forming a Group & they will some how try to disrupt the process,hence later on some other time.
Let the junk threads be deleted, let us move forward.

Asish

U

uasish

L2T,

Best of Luck from the core of my Heart,love you all,being old i am more comfortable in my old learning Temple.

Asish

arnav_rulz

Asish Sir.. Please Please Dont delete such Great Threads...
Im just completely lost with what all going on in this forum.. So i cant/dont want to comment much on whats happening here.

I cant imagine what Sunil must feel about this thread since He with others has Put sooo Much hard work in this thread, i just know that i too have Put up one or two write ups in this thread (though they are nothing compared to others) But still these are the only Write ups ive EVER written.. So even i feel very attached to this thread..

This makes me think that.. thr cant be any good coming from deleting these (this and the rest also) threads as many others are attached to it. If due to some of the problems going on in the thread, you feel some action has to taken as in.. the action is a top priority then the max you should do is Close it .. But plz a personal request not to delete such gems..

U

uasish

Arnav,

This is Sunil's & all others Thread also,now a days it is more of their's than mine,thatswhy i asked them.
Dont worry say for arguments sake we delete this,can we not build a even better one than this as a team,we are not dependent ,Mkt can be traded in many ways.:D
I can learn other ways also & trade,my Traderji teachers where versatile.:D

Asish

Sunil

Rajendrani's 5min Pivot Flow Trading Setup:

rajendrani said:
Before going on the pivots, Let me start with the filter so that its easier for you to understand the rest easily.

Filters: Small and Big

In the above example using the pic, I am going to show you how we choose filter for next day. As the trading ranges decreases when the market is down and it increases when market is up, so we also will try to change our filter accordingly so that we don’t get whipsawed by using a very small filter or don’t get any trade because of very big filter.

To get the filter for next day trades using the 5 min pivot method, we switch our charts periodicity to daily charts and in that we click on the ATR indicator. It will give a particular value. We will use this value to find our filter.
For eg: In the above chart, The ATR for nifty on 17th March, 2009 was 86.41
So, we will use 10% of the ATR as our small filter and use 15% of ATR as our big filter.
So, Small filter as 10% of ATR = 8.6
And Big filter as 15% of ATR = 12.96 approx~ 13.0

Now, why do we need two filter, big and small and how and when to use them.
In 5 min chart we will have many pivots, we have to identify the good visual pivot and change our SAR or our entry point to that level, These visual pivots may be strong or weak, so in order to prevent ourself from wrong entry we will be using this two different filters.
For strong visual pivots we will be using small filter
For weak visual pivots we will be using big filter.
For sideways congestion pivots use big filter.

Strong Visual Pivots

In the above pic, we see a clear pivot visual pivot, as the next two bar has a Lower low and a Lower High, and both the bar is of same colour which is red means the price has gone down. So the Pivot high what we have here is a strong visual pivot.
Small fiter to be used for this kind of pivot

Weak Visual Pivots

In the above pic, we have a weak visual pivot, as the next two bar following has a clear Higher High and Higher Low, but both this bar is of different colour one green and one red, means price went up in the first bar and then came down. So, this pivot what we have here is a weak visual pivot.
Big filter to be used for this kind of pivot

Sideway congestion Pivots

In the above pic, the picture says it all that we have a sideways movement, So we will not be considering any of the high and low as pivot high or pivot low instead we will just combine all this high and low and put as the highest high as our pivot high and the lowest low as our pivot low.
Big filter to be used using this kind of pivots.

I hope I had answered your queries regarding the strong and weak pivots and additonal on how to get the filter value.

Thanks and regards,
rajendrani
rajendrani said:
Rules for trading 5 min pivot method:

1. Enter trade with 2 lots of Nifty or Minifty.
2. 1 lot to be booked at 25 – 30 points profits
3. Not more than 3 trades in a day
4. After 2.45 pm no more SAR, use only stop loss and exit the trade if stop loss it. No more fresh trades after stop loss hit
5. If Stop loss not hit till 3.20pm or 3.25pm exit manually either at 3.20pm or 3.25 pm
6. Do not add any more rules.

Rules Explained:

1. You can either trade this method using Nifty futures for current month or Minifty for current month, depending upon your Money Management. When you enter trade, enter with 2 lots or 4 lots again depending on the Money Management.

2. Profit Booking - It is absoutely neccessary that you do profit booking, Profit booking helps you many times, sometimes, it even takes your big profit, but when the trades goes against you, this profit helps you to breakeven and cover the brokerage cost. Depending on the broker you are using and adding the brokerage try to book profit for one lot at atleast 20 - 25 points.
No Adds for me, it depends on you if you want to Add to your position or no.

3. In one day not more than 3 trades to be taken, Usually this happens when nifty is nontrending and we have VV charts. But most of the days, the day will end in max of 3 trades, you wont need to go for 4th trades.

4. After 2.45 pm nor more SAR use only stop loss. Well this time period depend on you at what time do you want to use it, before I use to keep at 2.30 pm then changed to 2.45pm then to 3.00pm. As I had witnessed some big trades during the last hour of the day.

5. If the stop loss is not hit till 3.20 - 3.25 pm then exit manually at 3.20-3.25 pm.

6. Try to keep the rules few and simple, dont add more rules and make things complicated.

The posts are extracted from Rajendrani's thread http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/26044-trading-part-time-profession.html

All credits & thanks to Rajendrani for this setup. I have just compiled them here.

The exact rules are from Post No. 516 to 523... Please refer the original thread for detailed info
http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/26044-trading-part-time-profession-52.html#post316589

Last edited:

rajendrani

Rajendrani's 5min Pivot Flow Trading Setup:

The posts are extracted from Rajendrani's thread http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/26044-trading-part-time-profession.html

All credits & thanks to Rajendrani for this setup. I have just compiled them here.

The exact rules are from Post No. 516 to 523... Please refer the original thread for detailed info
http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/26044-trading-part-time-profession-52.html#post316589
Thank you sunil :clap: :clap: