Set and Forget - Index Futures Break out

mastermind007

Happy Singh

He said Buy at / Sell at. He did not say Buy above or Sell below.

The word "at" is significant and answers both your queries 1) gap up/down scenarios 2) slippage...

Naturally 5-10 points slippage is expected and absorbable.... but he would not chase 116 point gap....

mastermind007

Good luck ag..... keep going....

It helps me. It is MY Trading Diary. It puts accountability on me. If someone is really interested in learning - there are a lot of ways to help them. If someone is only looking to mooch of someone else's hard work - too bad.

I already told you - this is not one of the BS analysis thread. Buy when a FLYING DANCER pattern is formed in market or Sell when a FOOTBALL GOAL is spotted!!!!

This is pure Math. You answer my question - My analysis is PURE MATH. How do I post PURE MATH, in a way that can help others without penalizing me?

I am absolutely ready to help others - just answer my question above!
There really no saying initially which analysis is BS and which is not. Perhaps defining a FLYING DANCER or FOOTBALL GOAL patterns would help.

There really is no "MY" in a public forum. All the content is Traderji's property. Your profile says that you are a very old member here. From time to time you would have seen posts claiming proprietary analysis and simple posting of levels. Also you would have noticed that such posts are not welcome here.

Try posting your pure math analysis, don't assume the members will penalize you.

Please realize that being an old member is the reason you are getting the courtesy of these communications. Newer members posting such levels don't get past the approval queue and are not seen at all.

ag_fx

Then ignore others..keep doing it whatever you are doing it now..
I would've ignored - except that this guy is a Mod and thus deserves a valid response.

There really no saying initially which analysis is BS and which is not. Perhaps defining a FLYING DANCER or FOOTBALL GOAL patterns would help.

There really is no "MY" in a public forum. All the content is Traderji's property. Your profile says that you are a very old member here. From time to time you would have seen posts claiming proprietary analysis and simple posting of levels. Also you would have noticed that such posts are not welcome here.

Try posting your pure math analysis, don't assume the members will penalize you.

Please realize that being an old member is the reason you are getting the courtesy of these communications. Newer members posting such levels don't get past the approval queue and are not seen at all.
Let me tackle each of your responses in an ordered manner:

1. Pattern trading is Discretionary in nature. I have seen not one, but multiple threads under the trading diary section wherein members post their levels along with absolutely crap reasoning. I assume that is considered ok? My reference to these patterns was in a sarcastic tone. Traders lose money in chase of a Holy Grail system to trade. Wherein each trade will make a perfect reason.
My system is not discretionary - it is quantitative. It arrives at these levels based on historical data it sees and the "logic" I have tested out.

2. Reference to "MY" was to refer to intent of the thread. All trading diaries here are content property of TJ. Then why is mine different than several others here?

3. Posts soliciting commercial interests are never welcomed and rather banned. Being an old member here, I know what flies under the rules and what does not. If you or anyone else don't find value in this thread, it is ok and they can simply skip it. If I am not soliciting commercial activity or abusing anyone or spamming anyone, then it shouldn't really bother anyone.

4. Most importantly, my aim of this thread is to show how "SYSTEMATIC DECISIONS" can make money if followed with discipline. There are many good things that can come out of this - if people approach it with right mindset.

And here is what I will offer - I will start a thread, in which I will disclose a rather simple system that can make money. I will share the rules, the money management, the entries and exits. It will not be as mathematical driven as my own system, but that should help the ball rolling towards making traders think systematically. Once I do that, probably you and other doubters would understand why I can't and WILL NOT share details of my current system here.

I would've ignored - except that this guy is a Mod and thus deserves a valid response.
Let me tackle each of your responses in an ordered manner:
1. Pattern trading is Discretionary in nature. I have seen not one, but multiple threads under the trading diary section wherein members post their levels along with absolutely crap reasoning. I assume that is considered ok? My reference to these patterns was in a sarcastic tone. Traders lose money in chase of a Holy Grail system to trade. Wherein each trade will make a perfect reason.
My system is not discretionary - it is quantitative. It arrives at these levels based on historical data it sees and the "logic" I have tested out.

2. Reference to "MY" was to refer to intent of the thread. All trading diaries here are content property of TJ. Then why is mine different than several others here?

3. Posts soliciting commercial interests are never welcomed and rather banned. Being an old member here, I know what flies under the rules and what does not. If you or anyone else don't find value in this thread, it is ok and they can simply skip it. If I am not soliciting commercial activity or abusing anyone or spamming anyone, then it shouldn't really bother anyone.

4. Most importantly, my aim of this thread is to show how "SYSTEMATIC DECISIONS" can make money if followed with discipline. There are many good things that can come out of this - if people approach it with right mindset.

And here is what I will offer - I will start a thread, in which I will disclose a rather simple system that can make money. I will share the rules, the money management, the entries and exits. It will not be as mathematical driven as my own system, but that should help the ball rolling towards making traders think systematically. Once I do that, probably you and other doubters would understand why I can't and WILL NOT share details of my current system here.
You know, badmouthing the others is not a good idea. What we would love from the members to report offensive posts, or let the others know why their posts are crap.